PRC312 - The 12th Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

PRC Vote: Who deserves a bonus point  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves a bonus point

• Hollow
    • Gercr
    • Supercoolmike
    • Bundeslang
    • Alex Smith
    • Cash
    • PlanarianHugger
    • Chalis
    • Mark Sparling
    • Esperado
    • Chickenwarlord
    • FreakyT
    • OneUp

I know its hella late but I just wanted to say thanks to Bundeslang and everyone else That has voted and liked my songs enough to grant me Remixer of the year! I am both over joyed and kinda frustrated to see that I have received such a reward.

I'm happy because I was able to complete a goal that I have set and told myself to win since last years PRC free round (PRC 286), and The only other Goal I wish to set for myself in PRC is to become Higher in the hall of fame and to be amongst the top 10 of all round remixers; Of course that's not going to be happening anytime soon but its a goal none the less.

The parts where I'm frustrated at this reward is simply because I don't feel like I deserve such a reward when I myself still have lots to learn. my ability to be able to stand on my own 2 feet against the giants of OCR is still very marginal but I can do nothing but keep trying and progress through the months/years that will pass by that will hopefully make my efforts fruitful to become a better creative musician and artist as a whole.

Loved last year's outcome and I can't wait to see you all again for the new year/season of PRC! :-D

1 hour ago, Supercoolmike said:

The parts where I'm frustrated at this reward is simply because I don't feel like I deserve such a reward when I myself still have lots to learn. my ability to be able to stand on my own 2 feet against the giants of OCR is still very marginal but I can do nothing but keep trying and progress through the months/years that will pass by that will hopefully make my efforts fruitful to become a better creative musician and artist as a whole.

Don't be frustrated, be happy about what you have accomplished and remember, even those OCR giants started small.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 12
Total number of votes - 10

It was a huge round. Thanks everyone.

lastplace.jpgTouchstone forgot to vote, and all the voters forgot to vote for Touchstone. He gets the last place wooden spoon with 0 points.

Chickenwarlord votes himself to the 11th place, with 3 points.

Bundeslang got one bonus point as a result of the poll. Together with his vote, it brings him 4 points and 10th place.

Chalis, PlanarianHugger, Supercoolmike and Trism all got 5 points, giving them all the 6th place.

fifthplace.jpgFreakyT got 6 points and the 5th place.
fourthplace.jpgYami gathered 8 points, enough for 4th place.
thirdplace.jpgEsperado was close to get second place, but his 12 points give him the third place.
secondplace.jpgToilet Goat collected a couple of first place votes, he ends with 13 points and second place.

firstplace.jpgAnd the winner of PRC312 is OneUp with 25 points.

Voting Graph:
voting.png

Congratulations OneUp, you are the winner of this amazing round. Each voter gave you points, 25 points is close to the maximum of 30 points. You may pick a source for PRC314. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday (10 January 2016), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here:

For people who were curious about that intro synth, here are some screenies for you. Its all in the effects on this one really. 

dw1a8kN.png

a square wave

rho9Cdg.png

run through a saw wave

W20c4jR.png

and then run through this. The Flanger exaggerates the stereo a little and makes things sound more interesting , but the Auto filter and erosion are what give it the almost voicelike quality. After that its just some saturation to warm it up, and then a sidechain compressor and beat repeat to add a little flair. 

heres what it sounds like without any fx, then with flanger, and then with the full stack of fx.

http://picosong.com/E5Ui

On 4-1-2016 at 11:42 AM, Supercoolmike said:

I'm happy because I was able to complete a goal that I have set and told myself to win since last years PRC free round (PRC 286), and The only other Goal I wish to set for myself in PRC is to become Higher in the hall of fame and to be amongst the top 10 of all round remixers; Of course that's not going to be happening anytime soon but its a goal none the less.

The top 10 takes in count both participations and victories. Rounds with many participants are rewarded with a higher score. And you're close to get in the top 10. If you win the next round, you are in the top 10 (you have 490 points, Chickenwarlord (the #10) has 500 (winners get a minimum of 20 points and a maximum of 100). But Esperado now has 470 points, so you may not lose from him.:-D