OCR03280 - Guild Wars 2 "One Wintersday Night"

Liontamer

The cello at the beginning needed more overlapped notes to make it more realistic, but the compositional aspect of the intro was good. The overall mastering is pretty cramped though; you can tell from how you get mostly that "papery" tone from the kick and mostly the transient from the snare. Still, the way The Great Toymaker was adapted to the performance makes total sense. I can feel the wintry influence here. Sounds almost like Carol of the Bells or something like that, due to the repeated arpeggio that is only slightly different each time it's played (such as 2:07 - 2:24).

Love the intro, excellent way to set the mood. The overall drum sound I found to be little too quiet but it doesn't detract from the mix. The strings are a little on the synthetic side at times but I actually quite like this aspect as it sets off the guitar tone nicely. The breakdown at around 02:10 is a particular highlight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03280 - Guild Wars 2 "One Wintersday Night"
  • 2 months later...

Wintery seasonal music that bursts into metal, my favorite kind of holiday music. I do get a bit of the Trans-Siberia Orchestra style out of this, which is the way to go when you want to give the cold months of the end of the year an edge. The mood is right, the arrangement is right, and there is really nothing I can nitpick that distracted me too much out of the song, so I definitely dig it.