Paths Less Travelled: Terranigma - History

Drawn by Dai

***EARLY UPDATE***

I'm so enthused by the progress of this project that I'm updating it a whole two days early. I've also updated and given a facelift to the OP, to make it more readable and less waffly. Shiny shiny.

You're probably going to get sick of my joviality by the time we're through

First off, welcome to @Manji, @APZX, @Sterbo708 and @Ganaé who've signed up in the past few days. Welcome aboard peeps.

Secondly, we now have almost half the tracks claimed at a total of 15. Now that's an album in itself, but we're not stopping there. This is to be an instalment that not only does a great game justice but paves the way fittingly for a whole series of albums dedicated to lost treasures.

All signed up remixers should have their WIP deadlines in their diaries, if not, or if you need other info, then hit me up.

It seems that most of the communication is going on behind the scenes in the PM's. That's largely my fault. My PM space quota has filled up by a quarter in the past week alone. So let's get the party out of the kitchen and crank up the volume in the games room! (That's right here in this thread for those who missed the poorly constructed analogy).

Anyhoo... Glad to see this is progressing so well. Keep it up guys n gals, until next time...

*Throws mic

Cheers @Bundeslang! Your silent support is very appreciated. :)

**MIDWEEK UPDATE TIME!**

Uuuuuurghhh..... Not slept a wink. Insomnia ain't fun folks!

Aaaanyway. 21 tracks claimed! that's basically 2 discs' worth. 2/3 of the way to having a fully claimed roster. Well done for your enthusiasm guys 'n' gals. Welcome to @Meteo Xavier, @NyxTheShield, @Trev, @zykO and @noTuX, who've jumped in since last update. The amount of talent signed up is brilliant. And very exciting...

Got quite a few concept WIPs in, and even a couple of substantial ones. There's no rush peeps, it's still early days. I'm delighted by the eagerness though. :D As of todays date, everybody (except you @APZX- you're exempt for the time being) has a deadline for their concept or update WIP between 6 weeks and two months from now. You know the specifics because I PM'd y'all individually to make sure in the past week. If I missed you, shout out.

Have I missed anything? Do you have any suggestions, or are there any questions? Hit me up!

@HoboKa... Anything to add?

Cheers folks. As ever, looking forward to hear your sounds

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this. I have actually been working on a remix for the port theme. I have live violin recorded and the track arranged but I still have a bit of editing and work to do. I am hoping to finish it in the next couple weeks. Its not even in the original OST, so I never thought it would get any love anywhere else. I would be open to releasing it with the album but I may opt to have it released separately before as well. Let me know if you're interested.

**PSEUDO UPDATE**

Hey everybody! (Gods, this jollyness is going to kill me) 

This post serves mainly to keep the thread from being buried. Not much happening right now on the album, well not on the face of it anyway. Everybody is (or at least should be :<) squirrelling away at their claimed WIPs, roughly halfway through until the next submission stage. As ever, feel free to get in touch for any reasons, both remixers, claimers, and curious peeps.

There may be a big update in the pipeline, but need to confirm some stuffs first. 

• 2 weeks later...

ROLE UPDATE:

The assistant director position has been passed onto @Trism due to @HoboKa unfortunately suffering ill health. Thanks Hoboka for your input to date, you're always welcome as a voice in the album  hope things smooth out for you, and hope to hear from you soon!

Welcome aboard Trism, you can do the official update to get your role... er... rolling  Take it away!!

MILESTONE UPDATE:

Thanks Odai! Happy to be aboard and I hope the Hobo feels better soon. Everyone send him positive and/or sexy thoughts to speed his recovery!

As alluded to in my very first line of text on this post; this update is a milestone in that we have received our first completed track! @Ganaé has finished his track for Light & Darkness (otherwise known as the main title theme) and it shall have the honour of being the very first entry to be marked as Blue on the front page. Give him an enormous round of virtual applause!

Deadlines are gradually encroaching so I hope you're all beavering away (by which I mean keeping busy, not building dams and causing entire rivers to divert course and flood nearby villages. It's OK if you are though; everyone needs a hobby). If anyone requires a reminder of when their WIP is due please feel free to PM me and I'll sort you out.

There's still 9 tracks plus the bonus medley to be claimed so if anyone feels like picking up an extra source or if a new player wishes to enter the game, uh, I mean wishes to claim a track then please PM myself or Odai with your choice(s).

Keep up the excellent work everyone! You are all awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

** UPDATE INCOMING *

I've been away from the topic thread a short while. I have a good excuse though. TRAPPED NERVE IN MY SHOULDER! Luckily it's gone from an intimate and detailed experience in excruciating agony to the far more tolerable category "world of pain" thanks to industrial grade prescriptions. I'm not out of the woods yet, but at least I can sit down and type

So...

We're down to 8 tracks unclaimed from 34! They are as follows (Click name for source):

European Town
Freedom
Southern Rhythm
Fyda Claimed by Nostalvania 26/04
Dungeon
The Castle of Dragoon
Dr. Beruga
Boss Fight

Get claiming if you think you can do any of them justice.

SOME OF YOU EXISTING CLAIMANTS HAVE 1 WEEK LEFT BEFORE YOUR NEXT SUBMISSION DATE - MAY 1ST. I messaged those of you who are relevant to this a couple weeks ago, namely @HoboKa, @rebrained, @Sbeast, @Yami, @Jorito, @Sterbo708 so you should know who you are. I've granted extensions to a couple of ya, so don't worry if this is you. All other remixers should also know their submission date in their heads, if you've forgotten or are uncertain, hit me up. I have a full staggered deadline list. I'm super organised  

Anyway, Hopefully all remixers involved are squirreling away, and enjoying it. Let's keep this up. Some really great WIPs so far, you're doing Terranigma proud!

Happy Mixing!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Yeah yeah. I know. Nearly 3 weeks since the last update. I'm not slacking and I'm not slipping. Things've just been rather quiet since the 1st of the month due to deadline WIP updates having been submitted and evaluated. It's been busy behind the scenes. I've also taken the opportunity to work on the album art and banner(the current banner was always just a placeholder).. Since I'm the perfectionist type you won't see the proper one til it's done (probably next week), but it should be a pretty cool unveiling even if it's me that says so :D

Album-wise, We've got a couple tracks that have reverted to "Unclaimed" status, namely Crysta and Castle. Real shame, but when outside constraints are in place for the remixer, what can I do as a humble director? Honesty's the best policy and I appreciate @Meteo Xavier and @ShadowRaz for their enthusiasm and involvement to date, even if circumstances have prevented them from completing their tasks. It's cool, bros. Sorry to see you go, but don't be strangers :) 

On a more positive note, tracks with "Completed, awaiting mastering" status are now trickling through from the earliest adopters of the album! Exciting stuff indeed.

OK. New deadlines. The next wave is June 1st for those of you it's appropriate to. I'll be hitting you up with a reminder in the next couple days. If you don't receive a PM from me , then you're exempt until the following wave. You should know all this guff anyway, but there you are.

As ever, hit me or @Trism up here or via PM if you want to claim a track. Things are running really well, and if you think you have something to contribute, we'd love to hear it!

Take it easy Peeps

Odai

Hi, I have an odd and eccentric style of electronic music. That being said, can I do "  Dr. Beruga (Villain Theme". I think it's a really cool theme and would be fun to remix. Please let me claim it. I've never gotten a remix on this site but I'm a very hard worker.

**MINI UPDATE**

It's with great pleasure I welcome @Chimpazilla to the team as a member of the Audio Support staff! 

Happy to have you join us Chimpazilla, I'm sure you'll be happy here, and we're delighted to have you lending your skills.

NOTE TO REMIXERS: Any tracks submitted for appraisal/examination/mixing etc by Chimpazilla should go through me, and not directly to her, as she has kindly and understandably noted her already floating workload and doesn't want to be bombarded with PM's. Thanks peeps!

There will be a remix of "Magic Rocks"?! Finally! One of my favorite tracks in the game! :D
I am also looking forward to the whole album as well, of course!

Sadly, I cannot contribute due to the total and complete lack of any musical talent or skill, but if a need for more illustrations arises, I would be very happy to help out. (Though I do mostly character-centric artwork, but still.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Chromarin, thanks for your interest and outreach! I've taken a look at your Deviantart page. You have some good stuff in there :) brilliant use of colour in your pictures. Unfortunately, I've got the album art all covered BUT there may be space for more artwork down the line when it comes to promoting the album. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Before writing a track for the album I had no knowledge or experience with the game, other than knowing its name. So all I can say is that it looks pretty, but I can't say anything useful about how relevant it is or what nostalgic feelings it brings out. 

Question tho... once the hero arrives at those mountains, my tracks starts playing, rite? ;)

I'm curious what the other 'volumes' will be after Terranigma. Once I'm 100% done with directing Skies of Arcadia remix album, I'd be interested in heading up an Illusion of Gaia volume sometime in 2017/beyond. Also another favorite game of mine.

Also, calling out members directly about deadlines on the thread? Wow. Didn't know you could do that or how proper it was in terms of etiquette. Is this an accepted thing?

2 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

I'm curious what the other 'volumes' will be after Terranigma. Once I'm 100% done with directing Skies of Arcadia remix album, I'd be interested in heading up an Illusion of Gaia volume sometime in 2017/beyond. Also another favorite game of mine.

Illusion of gaia is certainly in the list of volumes I intend to make :) Perhaps we can work on it together when the time comes. But that's another story for another day. One thing at a time!

2 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

Also, calling out members directly about deadlines on the thread? Wow. Didn't know you could do that or how proper it was in terms of etiquette. Is this an accepted thing?

I'm not aware that I had done this? can you point it out for me? (EDIT: Unless you're talking about friendly reminders regarding upcoming submission dates)

• Liontamer changed the title to Paths Less Travelled: Terranigma - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic