OCR03290 - Donkey Kong Country "Aquatic Shrediance"

Liontamer

Love it. What makes this a great arrangement is that yeah it's a metal arrangement of a relaxing water level theme, but it's a subtle metal arrangement. It doesn't rely on fast solos, intense percussion work, or anything remotely aggressive. Aquatic Ambiance is a very mellow and peaceful track. So to be able to make a mostly conservative metal arrangement of such a mellow and peaceful track is quite an impressive accomplishment.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to lament at the fact that I will never have the chance to go to this bar that @Flexstyle mentioned on the detail page :( 

Amazing guitar work right from the start, the shift from straight-up metal to acoustic was unexpected but extremely well done. You don't often hear electric solo's over acoustic backing but this works very, very well. When the metal does come back it doesn't kick the door in and destroy your house; instead it gradually insinuates itself into your living-room, drinking tea and commenting on the weather before melting your face off with some superbly executed shreddage. I may have lost my thread a little here... Anyway, this is balls to the wall awesome and will be finding a home on my MP3 player. [6/5]

• 1 year later...

I actually rather like the build you made for the intro up to 1:39. The arp was kept consistent while the textural fullness around it was creating the variation---you really make the most of that arp sequence.

The transition at 2:24 was also particularly welcome and well-placed, IMO. Great way to raise the energy and differentiate between the earlier part where your lead guitar was more exposed. The solo thus came at an appropriate time. The melody itself was handled pretty conservatively, but I think the subtler arrangement choices (e.g. the drum fills in the intro, the tempo slowdown after the intro, the shifts in dynamics, etc) made up the difference. Well done!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03290 - Donkey Kong Country "Aquatic Shrediance"
  • 3 months later...

While I do love the chug-a-lug of The Distortionist's take on the DKC AA theme, this is awesome in it's own right, taking a more relaxed kind of shredding, which is unique to me because while it certainly rocks hard, it maintains that peaceful soundscape, especially in the middle with the more acoustic section. Same with the outro. Gotta give props to the percussion in the intro for really hitting the mark for accompanying the guitar. The blending of metal and acoustic is still a fresh thing to hear since I don't come across many songs that combine both, so this was very fun to listen to. And that solo is fantastic! I love this and will definitely be rocking this on my playlist.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...