OCR03291 - Street Fighter II (SNES) "Советский Космонавт" ("Soviet Cosmonaut")

Liontamer

Yay, Spacesynth! It's cool to see another Spacesynth & Italo enthusiast around here. I'm not that familiar with the source, but it definitely has this Laserdance-like vibe to me. Good job (apart from the notes on the timecodes that Larry mentioned), enjoyed it!

Also great to know that you don't need (want) expensive synths and samples for this but freebies are all you need :)

It's almost as if Zangief's theme traveled back to the 80s, did a workout to an exercise tape, then did a training montage, and then came back to the 90s to kick everyone's ass. That's what I get out of this addictive ear worm of an arrangement. Not only is it a great arrangement, but it does a great job capturing the feel of the Street Fighter series.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03291 - Street Fighter II (SNES) "Советский Космонавт" ("Soviet Cosmonaut")
  • 3 months later...

Reminds me of when Metal Zangief showed up in the background of SF4's Cosmic Elevator stage. Would be very fitting for our favorite Red Cyclone to bust a move in space with a tune like this. This sounds extremely 80's and I totally dig hearing more spacesynth, which Zangief's theme fits into nicely. Cool title as well. Awesome mix, man!