OCR chosen as Link of the Day at User Friendly

djpretzel

A co-worker pointed out to me this morning that OCR is "Link of the Day" over at well-known comic strip User Friendly - pretty good strip today, as well :lol:

The soundtrack of a mis-spent youth: For those of us who spent an entire summer trying to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser, the Super Mario Bros "underground" music moves us more than, say, anything composed by Mozart. Luckily, the guys at OverClocked ReMix understand us. Thanks to Zack S. for the link!

I'm a little curious as to what I was SUPPOSED to be spending my youth on, if not the glory of the 8- and 16-bit eras, but we're grateful for the appreciation & coverage nonetheless.

A hearty, robust AND zesty welcome to any first-time viewers coming our way from said site - the more the merrier.

DJpretzel only has two rules. Everyone fights. No one quits. :x

Would you like to know more?

Also, good to see OCR still getting recognition.

Before taking the field for the pre-game show this weekend (Marching Band for the uninformed), my linemate muttered:

"Remember your training!"

Me: "And you will make it back alive!"

Starship Troopers is a B-movie because it gets an A for nostalgia and a C for effort.

EDIT: It's a shame that the forum doesn't get more credit for being such a timewhore for so many of us.

EDIT: It's a shame that the forum doesn't get more credit for being such a timewhore for so many of us.

Yeah, I'm gone for a day and I need almost an hour to get caught up on all the news and new threads, and then I listen to VGDJ for an hour once a week... Can't imagine the time put in by people who actually remix, or who are judges or whatever.

Its cool that OCR got some recognition - if I got famous I'd make sure to mention OCR in every interview I had. At least I'll wear an OCR t-shirt when the new ones are available.

• 1 month later...
DJpretzel only has two rules. Everyone fights. No one quits. :x

Would you like to know more?

Also, good to see OCR still getting recognition.

Before taking the field for the pre-game show this weekend (Marching Band for the uninformed), my linemate muttered:

"Remember your training!"

Me: "And you will make it back alive!"

Starship Troopers is a B-movie because it gets an A for nostalgia and a C for effort.

Yup, its definatly moments like this that make me glad I joined the forums