OCR03295 - Secret of Mana "An Angel's Wish for the Forest"

Liontamer

This is a pretty nice, and mellow arrangement. Definitely suitable for those down time periods. The production here is great, and I think 3 1/2 minutes is a good length for what this track offers. The only thing I could have done without was the sort of high pitched synth sounds you hear at the very beginning, and lingers throughout. It struck me as a contrast to how the rest of the track was produced, and not a very good one. It isn't a deal breaker for me though, as that calm mood is still carried throughout the entire track. Nice work.

Wonderful. Those oriental strings against the pseudosynthetic background really work! Personal preference would suggest a bit more variety in the main percussion, that's just me though. Brilliant use of harmony and well executed use of the source material. A great homage to great music from a great game. Kudos.

One of my favorite original tracks, which might make you think I'm predisposed to a positive review, but I came in slightly worried and doubtful about how the description would bear out in the sound. I needn't have worried; damn, this song is well done! The interplay of the bass and melody is really impressive if you take the time to listen to it, and this is obviously done by someone with an appreciation for Secret of Mana in general, as the tune is handled reverently but also brought to fun new places. Serious kudos to the artist, particularly since it's the first(?!) time with a new instrument (you would never know it if you weren't told it). I will be checking your website and other work!

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03295 - Secret of Mana "An Angel's Wish for the Forest"
  • 3 months later...

MMmmm, those strings sure are tasty surrounded by those harmony-bringing vocalizations and percussion. Definitely an easy to listen to track that, while not completely slow and chill, has a nice relaxing tone to it all, making it perfect to having playing while concentrating on something else in my opinion. The sources are meshed in well together and all in all, the mix just sounds finely executed. Not bad at all.