Welcome to new judges, Big Giant Circles and pixietricks!

zircon

i'll be honest. I only accepted the offer because of the exceptional dental care coverage. The pay is weak, but I only have a $100 deductible. How sweet is that?

No, but seriously though. Those of you who don't know me, I'm more of a forum lurker than an activist (look at my post count) so I'm sorry to disappoint in that aspect. I'm sure I'll be involved with a lot more of you from this point on, and I pledge to do my best to offer any feedback/assistance in my decisions to help you fellow remixers get your stuff out there and appreciated by the masses.

And for those of you who may still get offended should I drop the big NO, all my hate mail gets filtered from my spam mail by my secretary. It could be months before I even get to read your letters, much less actually weep.

and wtf is the deal with the twitching Ewok? That is disturbing. :lol:

But seriously, glad to be on board. I'll do my best :)

i'll be honest. I only accepted the offer because of the exceptional dental care coverage. The pay is weak, but I only have a $100 deductible. How sweet is that?

No, but seriously though. Those of you who don't know me, I'm more of a forum lurker than an activist (look at my post count) so I'm sorry to disappoint in that aspect. I'm sure I'll be involved with a lot more of you from this point on, and I pledge to do my best to offer any feedback/assistance in my decisions to help you fellow remixers get your stuff out there and appreciated by the masses.

And for those of you who may still get offended should I drop the big NO, all my hate mail gets filtered from my spam mail by my secretary. It could be months before I even get to read your letters, much less actually weep.

Don't worry any doubters. You've got great skills as a remixer and obviously the rest of the judges seem to think you're more than right for the job, so good luck to you.

I'm not overly familiar with BGC, although I distinctly remember loving his Metroid 2 mix. Pixietricks rules, but we already knew that. Congrats to both.
creepyewok.gif

I don't really know what this means.

It's pixie and zircon, isn't it?

I admit nothing!

:lol: You guys are amazing.

But in all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to serving you all on the panel. It's a golden opportunity, so I'll do my best. And yeah, gotta agree with bgc that the dental care coverage was a big deciding factor for me. As resident shttyjdgfgette, I have to maintain that winning smile. Pressure's on now!

I'm sure she'll provide a good sugar coating to the panel with her feminine charm.

I dunnoooooo...

shttyjdgfgette.jpg

I hope you're a lot better judge than a remixer. FLMC3 was omgwtflol. I don't have doubts about Pixietricks since she's a classical trained musician. Then again, I don't go to the WIP forum anymore and rarely listen to any new mixes (I'm sure FLMC 3 was supposed to be a joke or something, right??)

Actually I'm curious as to how the 11 people were selected. Do the judges contact the people that seem like good candidates, or do people who want to be judges PM the panel?

Regardless, I don't think I'd be a good edition for the following reasons (although I asked DJP for the position a few years ago):

1) I don't like the people running this site (or most of the other users even).

2) I'm not that interested in videogame music anymore.

3) My reviews/critiques tend to be unusually harsh, unpredictable, and different from most other peoples'.

4) I don't have nearly enough free time as what's required to go through every submission on time.

5) I don't think I could keep my sanity for very long listening to that much amateur (mostly n00b sounding or completely sh*tty) music.

Besides I'm sure no one cares what I think about judging, or the panel, or the new members. Quite frankly, I'm not really that interested anymore since I don't have the time or interest to download every new mix here. I have some vague plans to start submitting mixes here again, so it would be in my best interest to know everyone's judging style (the same thing for every other remixer here).

Anyway, congratulations and good luck Pixietricks and BGC. I hope you guys help make this a better site through your contributions.

I hope you're a lot better judge than a remixer. FLMC3 was omgwtflol. I don't have doubts about Pixietricks since she's a classical trained musician. Then again, I don't go to the WIP forum anymore and rarely listen to any new mixes (I'm sure FLMC 3 was supposed to be a joke or something, right??)

Actually I'm curious as to how the 11 people were selected. Do the judges contact the people that seem like good candidates, or do people who want to be judges PM the panel?

Regardless, I don't think I'd be a good edition for the following reasons (although I asked DJP for the position a few years ago):

3) My reviews/critiques tend to be unusually harsh, unpredictable, and different from most other peoples'.

4) I don't have nearly enough free time as what's required to go through every submission on time.

5) I don't think I could keep my sanity for very long listening to that much amateur (mostly n00b sounding or completely sh*tty) music.

Besides I'm sure no one cares what I think about judging, or the panel, or the new members. Quite frankly, I'm not really that interested anymore since I don't have the time or interest to download every new mix here. I have some vague plans to start submitting mixes here again, so it would be in my best interest to know everyone's judging style (the same thing for every other remixer here).

Anyway, congratulations and good luck Pixietricks and BGC. I hope you guys help make this a better site through your contributions.

DarkeSword said campaigning for a spot on the judges panel is the quickest way to not get on it.

DarkeSword said campaigning for a spot on the judges panel is the quickest way to not get on it.

That makes no sense, and it doesn't answer my question.

There has to be some communication between the people that want to be judges and the judge panel, or else there wouldn't be judges.

I'm only wondering where the 11 nominees came from. I would assume there are a lot more than 11 selectable candidates on this site, probably of whom would be interested in the position. I'm only concerned that the right decision was made (not that I'm saying it wasn't), as judging is a very important position and carries a lot of responsibility.

Let me make it clear that if I was ever offered the position I would probably be tempted, but I don't think I would want to handle that kind of responsibility, so I'd have to turn it down.

There has to be some communication between the people that want to be judges and the judge panel, or else there wouldn't be judges.

I'm only wondering where the 11 nominees came from. I would assume there are a lot more than 11 selectable candidates on this site, probably of whom would be interested in the position. I'm only concerned that the right decision was made (not that I'm saying it wasn't), as judging is a very important position and carries a lot of responsibility.

Let me make it clear that if I was ever offered the position I would probably be tempted, but I don't think I would want to handle that kind of responsibility, so I'd have to turn it down.

The 11 candidates were nominated by members of the panel, and a percentage of those actually wanted to be considered for the spot.

If we think a mixer or an active member in the community is suitable, we'll contact them, not the other way around.

Draw whatever conclusions from this that you wish.

The 11 candidates were nominated by members of the panel, and a percentage of those actually wanted to be considered for the spot.

If we think a mixer or an active member in the community is suitable, we'll contact them, not the other way around.

Im guessing you guys arnt going to tell us who the other candidates where.

Im guessing you guys arnt going to tell us who the other candidates where.

Well Chuck Norris and the O'Rly owl were logically the first choices, but the owl didn't know what was going on, and Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked his phone before he could answer it.

We were afraid to contact him via the internet because he might roundhouse kick the internet.

gray was the guy that did the moderating WITHOUT making himself look like an ass

Back before the site actually had mods Gray and I joked a few times about what our own moderation plans would be. Personally, I was in favor of deleting unmod entirely and then randomly banning about half the site's posters.

I guess it was for the best that he ended up being a mod and not me. ...I guess. :P

Speaking of which, what do you do now a days?

Hardly see you around anymore.

I miss the og unit from the judges panel :(

Do not pull that vanishing trick all former judges do.

I demand answers!

Beautiful tirade. Really. Self-important, tangential...only remotely on-topic at all. Next time I care to know why GLL thinks he wouldnt be a good judge, I'll subscribe to his newsletter.