Shreddage Bass 2: Custom 6-string bass recorded through tube DI, now available for Kontakt Player!

SB2-832x227

Impact Soundworks is proud to present Shreddage Bass 2, an ALL-NEW virtual instrument for Kontakt Player and the answer to our most popular library request!

Shreddage Bass 2 was performed & recorded by master bassist, producer, and composer Tony Dickinson using a custom-made six-string Muckelroy electric bass. Unlike the original Shreddage Bass library, SB2 uses a fingered playing style (instead of the more limiting picked style) with extensive deep-sampling across all strings and frets. With a 4.5 octave range, it's great for ALL musical genres - not just rock & metal!

The sound quality of the library is exquisite: every sample was recorded through a Universal Audio Solo|610 DI/preamp for true analog tube sound, maximum fatness and warmth. This allows you to use your own extra processing, such as our built-in amp/cab and FX rack OR external plugins, to totally customize the tone. You can also use it totally clean and it will still sound fantastic.

KEY FEATURES

• 11,000+ samples recorded w/ true TUBE DI
  • Four and a half octave range starting at low G
  • Fingered playing style, up to 32x samples per note
  • Sustain, staccato, hammer-on & pull-off
  • Harmonics, portamento slides, FX
  • Powerful performance engine w/ FX + tweaking
  • Hundreds of finger noise + pop samples
  • Compatible with FREE Kontakt Player

ENGINE FEATURES

• Complete control over fret & string selection
  • Double-tracking capability, including stereo doubletrack (only one patch required)
  • Flexible articulation mapping: velocity, keyswitch, or MIDI CC
  • Extensive tweaking controls for legato
  • DI noise, release noise, extra pop attack - all customizable
  • Built-in FX rack with EQ, compressor, pedal, amp+cab, chorus, delay
  • Compatible with MIDI guitars / pickups

AUDIO DEMOS

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/shreddage-bass-2-demos

PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Shreddage Bass 2 is available NOW for the price of $119 - compatible with the FREE Kontakt Player (v5.3 or higher). Owners of Shreddage Bass 1 can log in to their User Account for an extra $20 discount!

Click Here to Get the Library Now!

5 hours ago, jnWake said:

This seems pretty cool. It doesn't have slap though, right?

It doesn't have explicit slap samples, but it has very aggressive loud notes and they have similar tonal content to a slap. So you won't get super funky fresh slap riffs, but you can still have loud, accents that sound similar. Listen to the demos, and you'll see what I mean.

I'd love to buy this and keep supporting ISW (seriously, I own almost everything available =P ) but I'm quite happy with what I've been able to get out of Trilian.  However, this sounds like another solid instrument and I'll keep recommending it to my friends and colleagues who are looking to get invested in production.  The Bass 2 + Drums bundle is a great deal for anyone looking to get started, especially guitar players who should strive to make their accompanying tracks as good as their guitar playing.