Streaming Preview without Adobe Flash [IMPLEMENTED]

The boojum

Since I finally removed all Adobe Flash from my computers over security concerns, I've been unable to use the streaming previews via the embedded YouTube box.  Going directly to YouTube works just fine since I can use their HTML5 viewer.

Embedding YouTube via a Flash <object> like OC ReMix does has been deprecated for over a year now.  Could we get this upgraded to use the preferred <iframe> embedding which supports HTML5 viewing while falling back to Flash?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

The control icons are kind of smushed.  Stop and pause look like one wide rectangle and one skinny rectangle.  Not sure why they're even there, since the controls are in the video anyway.

Try clearing browser cache, margin should be better. They're there more for future functionality at the moment.

38 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

Just noticed another change: There's no volume control anymore.  Just mute/unmute.  I use that volume control a lot, since there's no consistent mastering in YouTube.

From #ocremix today:

[11:34] <@DarkeSword> oh its using html5 player now!!
[11:34] <@DarkeSword> :D
[11:37] * noodleb (~noodle@ip72-219-175-19.oc.oc.cox.net) has joined #ocremix
[11:38] <@djpretzel> indeed
[11:38] <@djpretzel> one downside is that, at this smaller resolution, the html5 player switches the volume slider into a straight mute/unmute, so you can't adjust volume
[11:38] <@djpretzel> volume slider seems to enable itself at 450px+ width

[12:36] <NativeJovian> If you really want to mess with the volume, you can go full screen, adjust it, and then leave full screen
[12:38] <NativeJovian> Having two different sets of player controls (the youtube-embedded ones and the permanent ones below the video) is a bit weird, but doesn't seem to cause any weird behavior that I can see
[12:40] * noodleb (~noodle@ip72-219-175-19.oc.oc.cox.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 186 seconds)
[12:41] * WillRock (~WillRock@host81-140-248-10.range81-140.btcentralplus.com) Quit (Quit: WillRock)
[12:47] <@djpretzel> NJ - well, unfortunately, mobile safari doesn't honor the extra controls :(
[12:48] <@djpretzel> well, for play, specifically
[12:48] <@djpretzel> the extra controls are there for future functionality, really
[12:48] * +sixto (~Tadakichi@97-93-254-80.dhcp.ftwo.tx.charter.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 198 seconds)
[12:51] <NativeJovian> Makes since.
[12:51] <NativeJovian> I wonder if you could stick a volume slider down there to fix the resolution issue?
[12:51] * sixto (~Tadakichi@97-93-254-80.dhcp.ftwo.tx.charter.com) has joined #ocremix
[12:51] * PositronBolt sets mode: +v sixto
[12:52] <@djpretzel> player.setVolume(volume:Number):Void
[12:52] <@djpretzel>     Sets the volume. Accepts an integer between 0 and 100.
[12:52] <@djpretzel> api supports
[12:52] <@djpretzel> so possible
[12:52] <@djpretzel> but real solution I think is to redesign the page where the main graphic is the game and then when you click play the game image slides away and the youtube slides in, bigger
[12:53] <@djpretzel> something like that
[12:54] <@djpretzel> https://developers.google.com/youtube/iframe_api_reference?hl=en

TL:DR; version - it'll be fixed, one way or another, but not for a little bit... gimme a couple weeks.