Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History

Brandon Strader

I have quite a few of track deadlines to deal with, and as such haven't been able to work on my album track yet. I do have a concept in my mind and managed to recruit Final Kingdom to work with me on some vocals, it's just a matter of finding the time and getting the concept out. I'll shoot for that June 20th deadline.

It will probably get covered... As it's one of the big songs near the end, I'm hoping it'll either show up as source usage in one of the other songs, or maybe someone with considerable talent will claim it. We'll see what happens!

As a reminder, some people are working on WIPs. These people are awesome. Everyone else (who has access to the subforum) PLEASE share your feedback! It's both valuable in helping the remixers work on their song, and keeping their morale up.

bluelighter has turned in a finished WAV for Slideshow part 1 and 2. It's very cool and interesting, an orchestration. He was very kind with listening to feedback and has submitted the song to the panel, with plenty of time to see what they think before the album is done. First WAV, it's a bit of a special thing. Thanks a ton!

Let's see more music!!

To people in the subforum, there are several WIPs -- you might be surprised by what you find! I'd recommend subscribing / following the subforum as well as this thread, so you will be notified of new posts when you visit OCR. It's a good thing to do! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

@Brandon Strader is off the forums for 2 weeks and told me to throw an update your way. Both the FF3 and FF8 albums are still going strong, and everyone should still be working on those remixes :D If you need to get ahold of him and don't have any other way to contact him outside of the OCR forums, just shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do.

This album is going to be amazing.

I'm an un-posted remixer and frankly got around to checking out projects just now after knowing about this site for years. What do you require for an audition? Just make a track on the song I want and hope it gets picked?

Also...where are the tracks that are unclaimed?

EDIT: Also is there by chance a "guide to ocremixer noobs to do all the things" somewhere if I'm asking redundant questions?

30 minutes ago, Nathan Allen Pinard said:

I'm an un-posted remixer and frankly got around to checking out projects just now after knowing about this site for years. What do you require for an audition? Just make a track on the song I want and hope it gets picked?

Also...where are the tracks that are unclaimed?

EDIT: Also is there by chance a "guide to ocremixer noobs to do all the things" somewhere if I'm asking redundant questions?

An audition for me meant me sending links of my best work to the album director and get their feedback and approval to tackle an album song. So typically you do the audition first and don't start working on a track already. By the looks of it all tracks for the album are already claimed (I see no empty slots in the first post), but there seems to be an option to discuss unclaimed track. Either way, contact the album director(s) :)

About n00bness... I'm not aware of any guides but I was a n00b 2 years ago too and usually people are friendly enough to help out if you ask nicely ;)

I would like to join the project and do a mix of 'Starting Up'. It doesn't appear to have been claimed yet. I have had a track on another remix project, I don't know if that counts as having a remix posted. Though, I don't mind submitting an audition :)

Edit: ...or maybe 'Starting Up' isn't supposed to be part of the project...?

Edited by Larsec

Hi folks :) If anyone is trying to claim something, please send me an audition of your best work in a PM -- not something quickly thrown together, but something that really demonstrates your potential to deliver a quality finished song! 

To everyone who posted WIPs, THANK YOU!!  Everyone please check out that subforum and share some feedback. I'll get around to that at some point too. Right now I'm overwhelmed with work. Going 7am to 11pm tomorrow, it's not pretty. Very much tired :o 

I'll probably make one of those mass PMs to inform people of the next WIP date when I feel a little better

Protricity who had claimed "The Stage is Set" dropped his claim because he said the Orlando attack was a false flag and I said he's gotta grow out of conspiracy theories. I guess that made him mad. Transparency! I'll hopefully get in touch with people who want to make claims soon, but like I said, if you're not posted, please send an audition of your BEST work!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't chimed in in a while. I've been finishing up a track for another compilation album that's coming out soon. Now that that's out of the way, I'm able to get back to my arrangement of "Blue Fields". After a lot of careful listening, I've pretty much finished the note-for-note copy of the original. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it! I don't think I want to stray too far from the original, so I'll be focusing more on instrumentation and hopefully giving the piece a fresh skin without making it feel too unfamiliar. 

On 7/9/2016 at 11:56 AM, Larsec said:

I would also like to claim 'The Stage is Set' then. Already sent an audtion.

@Larsec Strader wanted to let you know that you could claim the source if you'd like

He also wanted everybody to know that a WIP deadline is being set for September 12th (" anyone who doesn't turn in a wip will be cut, no 2nd chance ") 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

What zyko said is absolutely true, anyone who doesn't have a WIP in by September 12th will lose their claim -- this applies to everyone

Good luck!

Do you mean an initial WIP or an update if you turned a WIP already in? I'll have more free time starting tomorrow, but I have tons of project tracks to do. ^^

• Liontamer changed the title to Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History
  • djpretzel pinned this topic
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic
  • djpretzel locked this topic