Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History

Brandon Strader

1 hour ago, Careless said:

I thought September was the final deadline and was pretty far along toward finishing this... However...

Strader is our buddy and the guy who introduced us to OC Remix. He's been helping us over the years to get to a point where one of our songs would finally be accepted. With respect to all of you involved in the project (except Geoffrey) Juja and I are going to bow out.

Thanks for the heads up, and no worries. We get where you're coming from.

Wow this is nuts...

I don't see how brandon thinks that this site should be held to higher standards than something like deviantart. Everyone knows that devart can use your art to advertise themselves along with profiting from those ads. How is this any different?

I have tons of work on devart, I know they use it to draw in my revenue. I'm ok with it. So I don't get a share of it, ok well I didn't put it there to make money i put it there for others to enjoy it. If someone makes some profit off of it so what? They host, they advertise, they manage, it costs time and money for that.

I respect and admire brandon but he needs to lower his ego just a notch.

Question to the bosses; will there be recruitment for the currently open tracks and/or any that open up from people leaving? And if so will it follow the same rules as previously stated (non-posted remixers needing to audition and whatnot)?

On 15/08/2016 at 4:16 AM, DusK said:

I'm pretty sure I might have posted this before, but whether or not I did, I'll post it here (again).

I'm still seeking an operatic female vocalist for my remix. If anyone here is up for it or knows anyone, please lemme know.

@DusK; if you're still looking for a singer to fill this role I can heartily recommend @Stahalamora. She's provided vocals for some of the tracks on the Terranigma album and she's awesome :)

On August 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Trism said:

Question to the bosses; will there be recruitment for the currently open tracks and/or any that open up from people leaving? And if so will it follow the same rules as previously stated (non-posted remixers needing to audition and whatnot)?

We are still in the process of tracking everyone down. Once we know for sure who's left the project we'll make some decisions about how to fill any open slots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's 2017, MAGFest is over, and it's (past) time we got things back on track!

I'll be chatting with @JJT & @zircon - we may need some changes w/ our management approach, but we HAVE reviewed the initial round of WIPs, we'll be contacting artists where feedback is appropriate, and we'll be establishing a new timeline, soon.

If anyone has an overabundance of free time AND experience running an album, let me know on Discord if you'd be interested in helping to manage this project with us and we can talk a bit!

• 8 months later...

Yes, but to be honest I think we need to reevaluate having myself, @JJT, & @zircon as co-directors - what we really need is ONE strong leader to be a rainmaker, bother people, cut people, be brutal, be loving, and get things moving again.

We'll put a call out in January & see what can happen. It's possible my time will free up but I can't count on that. The WIPs are promising and the project still needs to happen, we just need a single, willing & able mastermind!

Personally, I already went ahead and finished and released (and submitted) my remix I originally did for the album, but it would be good to have a full fledged FF8 album. After I take a break from 2 album gigs, I might be able to help out in some shape or form, but it's also a pretty big and ambitious project that could probably use 1-2 co-directors alongside somebody who takes the lead.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, Meteo Xavier said:

I've been popping my head in and out of high profile derelict projects like this in recent months offering to take up the relevant administrative mantles in getting the work to a worthwhile state of release. I have the same interest in seeing if I could do the same here.

I'd be very happy to see somebody pick up the admin reins on this - spent a bunch of time on my track, and getting something onto a Final Fantasy OCR album has very much been a bucket list goal for a while! I've got no issues with you taking charge, @Meteo Xavier :) 

Very good. I don't really know what the process of transferring directorship is, though. I think that designation needs to come down from the top brass, and then after that I have to be given all the relevant files and content that's been generated by whoever has it. I'm up for it (I think), but someone from above has to authorize me for it and green the light.

• Liontamer changed the title to Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic
  • djpretzel locked this topic