Brandon Strader

Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - WIP on 9/12 or CUT - NEW MGMT, see page 8

213 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Careless said:

I thought September was the final deadline and was pretty far along toward finishing this... However...

Strader is our buddy and the guy who introduced us to OC Remix. He's been helping us over the years to get to a point where one of our songs would finally be accepted. With respect to all of you involved in the project (except Geoffrey) Juja and I are going to bow out.

Thanks for the heads up, and no worries. We get where you're coming from.

Careless likes this

Wow this is nuts...

I don't see how brandon thinks that this site should be held to higher standards than something like deviantart. Everyone knows that devart can use your art to advertise themselves along with profiting from those ads. How is this any different?

I have tons of work on devart, I know they use it to draw in my revenue. I'm ok with it. So I don't get a share of it, ok well I didn't put it there to make money i put it there for others to enjoy it. If someone makes some profit off of it so what? They host, they advertise, they manage, it costs time and money for that.

I respect and admire brandon but he needs to lower his ego just a notch.

Question to the bosses; will there be recruitment for the currently open tracks and/or any that open up from people leaving? And if so will it follow the same rules as previously stated (non-posted remixers needing to audition and whatnot)?

On 15/08/2016 at 4:16 AM, DusK said:

I'm pretty sure I might have posted this before, but whether or not I did, I'll post it here (again).

I'm still seeking an operatic female vocalist for my remix. If anyone here is up for it or knows anyone, please lemme know.

@DusK; if you're still looking for a singer to fill this role I can heartily recommend @Stahalamora. She's provided vocals for some of the tracks on the Terranigma album and she's awesome :)

DusK likes this

On August 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Trism said:

Question to the bosses; will there be recruitment for the currently open tracks and/or any that open up from people leaving? And if so will it follow the same rules as previously stated (non-posted remixers needing to audition and whatnot)?

We are still in the process of tracking everyone down. Once we know for sure who's left the project we'll make some decisions about how to fill any open slots.

Alright, the 9/12 WIP has passed us by. Thanks to everyone who turned something in. The other project leads and myself are going to take a few days to take stock of where we're at, and decide how to move forward. Within a week we should have a more substantive update. Cheers.

Sagnewshreds likes this

When is the next deadline? I missed the Sept. 12 one, but I already have a rough WIP on the private forum.

Is there any update on the status of this album? Should we be moving forward with our arrangements as planned? Cheers!

Just to echo Chris above - has there been any update on the status of this album? Just want to make sure I've not missed anything - I've got a WIP that I'm happy with and I think just needs mastering, so would be good to know what's happening with the project. Thanks!

I'll hop on the 'me too' bus too, as I just reached out to my collaborator yesterday to see if she's still up for the vocals for my track :)

Haven't really touched my track much other than that crappy WIP I sent in, but I'd like to get on that as well. (I've had an arrangement in my head for almost a year now though).

What's the status of this album?

It's 2017, MAGFest is over, and it's (past) time we got things back on track!

I'll be chatting with @JJT & @zircon - we may need some changes w/ our management approach, but we HAVE reviewed the initial round of WIPs, we'll be contacting artists where feedback is appropriate, and we'll be establishing a new timeline, soon.

If anyone has an overabundance of free time AND experience running an album, let me know on Discord if you'd be interested in helping to manage this project with us and we can talk a bit!

Sounds good! I'm already busy running another album project, so I'll stick with keeping an eye on this topic and finishing my album track. But it's good to see some progress.