An album called [edit] "megaman time signatures"

Fb=MC2

edited...

the new idea is to take a song from any numbered megaman game and alter the time signature so the new time has a number from the game of origin e.g. Songs from megaman 4 can be in 5/4, 3/4, etc., songs from 7 can be 7/8 or what have you, 6 can be in 6/6, 6/4, and so on.

originally the idea was for "megaman 3/4" which involved only megaman 3 and 4 songs and put them all in 3/4. But not enough expressed interest and a lot of megaman 4 songs I don't feel work well in 3/4 (specifically wily castle 1, which I think could sound great in 5/4).

1 hour ago, Black_Doom said:

I think we better need an MM4 album with all the songs remixed in four-on-the-flour fashion ;) I really loved concept of an album filled only with EDM stuff :D 4/4 timesig FTW!

Sounds cool...

but at the moment I'm all about this 3/4 thing. I've already started on wily castle theme 2 (stages 3 and 4) in 3/4 time and I absolutely love the way it sounds.

I also made a 2/4 version that's kinda bouncy and uses shuffle rhythm. I'm down for the four on the flour concept after the 3/4 thing is done. 

10 minutes ago, evktalo said:

Sign me up for the 5/4 and 7/8 sequels!

Both of those sound pretty awesome actually. I'd love to turn gravity man into 5/4 or make the end theme of 7 into 7/8 and frost mans theme in 7/8.

I'd totally get a raging boner if those gets done. I'll work with you on that if you wanna work on the 3/4 project.

I actually did a Toad Man/Proto Man remix for the last WCRG in 3/4.  Unfortunately, it a) also incorporated Wily 2-1, and b) sucked.  If this project is still alive by the time I have time in my life for remixing again (HAHAHAHAHA) I'd love to take another shot at it.

But seriously, MM4 is my favorite OST in the series, and it needs more love.  I'd be very enthusiastic for a 3/4, 5/4, or 6/4 album.  I don't think I've ever heard anything in my life in 9/4, but that would be pretty darn interesting as well.

On February 2, 2016 at 4:05 PM, MindWanderer said:

I actually did a Toad Man/Proto Man remix for the last WCRG in 3/4.  Unfortunately, it a) also incorporated Wily 2-1, and b) sucked.  If this project is still alive by the time I have time in my life for remixing again (HAHAHAHAHA) I'd love to take another shot at it.

But seriously, MM4 is my favorite OST in the series, and it needs more love.  I'd be very enthusiastic for a 3/4, 5/4, or 6/4 album.  I don't think I've ever heard anything in my life in 9/4, but that would be pretty darn interesting as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of 4's music (okay I love 4 musically but love 3 better and 5...) but I do like the idea of those concepts for an album. 

Also keep working. I'm gonna be late posting my vid, but it's really just a rough draft and still needs work. 

Please keep working on your song sounds like a good idea. Post it here, I'll do my best to objectively critique it. I'll say why I do and don't like it (and try to not let my own taste meddle with it).

20 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

This is a great concept for an album.

i hope you have an interest in producing a song. I'm sorry I'll be a bit late posting my rough draft for "dr wily stage 3/4 mm3"

Extremely rough draft of a 3/4 version of wily song 2 (stages 3 and 4) from megaman 3 on piano in 3/4 instead of 4/4.

the original 

sorry its late. I said afternoon, but wound up having convos with co-workers at the bar... I hate being late. My bad.