Happy Groundhog Day!!

Brandon Strader

Groundhog Day is a huge Holiday at the Strader households! I would like to wish you all a great Groundhog Day, later we can discuss the outcome of the Groundhog's forecast and in the coming weeks, see how accurate it was. The news is already forecasting more snow for this area, so I can see the Groundhog potentially going in that area as well. We'll see!

GHKissTop.jpg

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

As I understand it, Phil predicts an early Spring. It certainly feels that way here in NJ.

Also, for anyone who is also a fan of the movie Groundhog Day, I'd like to recommend listening to I Was There Too: Groundhog Day with Stephen Tobolowsky. I Was There Too is a great podcast by improv comedian and film buff Matt Gourley, where he interviews people who had small parts in big movies. Stephen Tobolowsky has some fantastic stories about when he worked on the movie and what he did with his character, Ned Ryerson. Highly recommended!

That is incredibly sad... I'm surprised they announced his passing, I always assumed they just elected a new Groundhog without publicizing the passing of the previous one.. we're not talking about the Pope here.. this is a much more important and celebrated role and the illusion is kind of lost if they acknowledge the passing, but then again it would be good to honor the life of the previous Groundhog. I don't know how to feel about this one, it's a difficult situation and I'm not sure what I would choose to do if it was up to me. 

In honor of Groundhog Day and his prediction, I wore shorts to work tonight. It'd be sooo nice if it weren't for the rain. It's a pleasant night though, and it'll be 63 degrees tomorrow. Thank you, Groundhog!