Mega Man X remix (X3 & X7)

wildfire

I'd love some feedback on my last remix from the Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet from late last year. (http://ocremix.org/community/topic/41336-mega-man-x-the-sigma-fortress-remix-gauntlet-2015/

Any feedback is welcome! You can either post your comments in this thread or on SoundCloud. I plan on submitting this to the OCR judges panel.

Cool track overall! I like that the lead sounds have a "robotic voice" kind of quality to them. It's very appropriate. The melody, in fact, has a mechanical feel throughout, which is also appropriate, but I could stand to hear a bit more changeups, variation etc especially rhythmically and velocity-wise here and there. It gets a bit monotonous as it is.

I don't like some of the turns of the melody, some bits feel aimless. About 1:18-1:21, 1:33-1:36 & the corresponding parts in the later chorus, 2:53-2:56 feels quite random. 3:07-3:13 is better, but still kind of "ungrounded" in the writing. I like the part with two voices in between.