OC ReMix Reddit AMA! Tue., Feb. 23rd, 12PM!

Liontamer

Hey, everyone, we're participating in an official Reddit AMA on Tue., Feb. 23rd in celebration of Fair Use Week! :-)

We hope you'll join djpretzel, myself, and the legal eagles from intellectual property & open Internet non-profit Public Knowledge for the AMA! :-D

Feel free to check out our 2013 self-AMA if you're already in the AMA mood, and we hope to field more questions later this month.

It starts at 12PM Eastern US time, and goes until we're done answering every question. I'll keep checking back every few hours for a few days, so you're not too later if you ask a Q a little later in the day or week as well! ASK US ANYTHING about VGM, copyright issues with arranging game music and putting it out for free, how OCR is run, what you want to see or improve with the site, and any other important questions you have!

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the entire AMA just now.. made some "witty" responses and some serious answers. 

The answers about the panel were interesting. Excited to see the judge gains of 2016. And yeah, you guys know I've wanted to help for years. The offer's still there, and though I can't really assume or speak for anyone, I think in general people might be a lot less likely to drive me out of town on a stick than they used to be in the past. Although (and I mean no offense at all) the dire situation of the inbox right now makes it seem like I would be a lot less effective than I would have been say 3 years ago. There's so much more work to go through now, both what is there, and what is coming in. 

It seems like you guys need a LOT of judges if you're really getting 1,000 submissions a year. That's not going to be something a few people could handle. I'm kinda expecting or maybe I should say hoping to see a team of like 50 judges maybe more.