Announcements added to homepage

djpretzel

This is an announcement... about announcements.

For the last six years, we've covered large site-related news & updates by either embedding them into ReMix writeups or sending mass emails via our forums. While I'll still be talking about what's going on with OCR in mix writeups as per usual, for archival purposes and to simply clarify and organize important site news, we've created an announcements forum, the most recent posts of which will appear on our homepage.

Please ensure that any comments made are specific to the announcement in question.

Hopefully this will be an effective and improved way of letting visitors know about new features, important changes to site policy, and other cool stuffs afoot at OC ReMix.

Great idea, I'm all up for making OCR more streamlined. I remember when I read somewhere that pixie and BGC were judges, and I couldn't find the thread, I was searching the write-ups high and low for the info. I liked that format, but since that still exists, all's cool. Nice work.

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!

You know, some people have been vocal about how it's lame to have site news in the remix writeups... but I don't see why. Maybe I'm just used to it being that way.

I think it's neat because you can associate a past event with a remix (´∀`).

orz

Personally I felt it was somewhat of an honor for djp to use one of my mixes as a blog post. Made me feel like I was a part of history in the making or something.

I'm glad to see the front page displaying the site news instead of it being buried inside a write-up many will not see. I'm also glad to know that write-ups will be more to the point.

This forum does have to be added to the Community menu heh, as Hetcenus pointed out. And I agree that the reduction of the General Discussion items is a bit of a shame. However even the oldest ReViews item displayed is only 2 days old, so reducing the number of reviews listed would be pushing how effective that section is. =\ I can't think of an obvious happy solution. I did like having lots of GenDis items there.

Good idea!

But... why doesn't this forum appear on the community->forums menu?

Yeah, I noticed this too. I'd assume its on djp's to-do list, though I doubt it would be much of a hassle. It is in the Jump to: thing at the bottom of the page though. It would be cool if the community->forums menu also had the same order as the Jump to: toolbar, but its obviously not a huge deal. obviously, since there have been a couple hundred posts in this forum, people are able to find it all right.

• 2 months later...