Pokémon: Forget Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced

The Damned

Yeah, be careful--Nintendo is aggressively banning folks with hacked pokemon, even if they got them over Wonder Trade.  So if you do get a shiny or a legendary that way, or something else suspicious (perfect IV's, carrying a Master Ball, evolved at an impossible level, in a pokeball you wouldn't ordinarily catch them with, etc.), you shouldn't use them for anything online.

I'm hoping that any of the stuff I got since DPPt isn't going to flag anything. Back then, you could get just about anything and unless it was obviously hacked, you would never know.

Hell, I have a few pokémon from my old RSE and FRLG carts that failed to pass the Gen 5 to Gen 6 transfer, despite the fact that they were completely untouched and legitimately caught. To this day, they still can't leave BW.

So, some of you may have noticed that those Mega Stones from Gen 6 aren't found anywhere in Alola.

The truth is, they are... once Nintendo gives them to you.

The Pokémon Company has spoken about the fact that Mega Stones for various Pokémon are not currently available. Giving an explanation, it then went on to say that the Mawilite and Beedrillite will be distributed through an entry gift for an Online Competition in late February. It is stated that the other missing Mega Stones will be distributed through similar means as time passes. We'll bring the information for all future Mega Stone distributions as it comes so be sure to keep checking back.

So if you want that Mega Whatever back on your team, you better enter the Online Competition. You don't have to participate, or even really try, you get get the item.

Or maybe they could have put them in the post-game, like at the Battle Tree exchange, or Mystery Gift them. I don't know. Something that doesn't require setting up yet another account part for something you don't really need in the first place.

Oh shit, they are at the Battle Tree store. I thought they were all missing.

But I don't see Banettite anywhere... and my Banette kinda of needs one.

Looking at the list of Mega Stones on Bulbapedia, it looks like 27 of the 47 are not available yet, so that's going to need a lot of events just to get them all back. IF they only plan to do two or three at a time, and it's a couple of months between events, that's a couple of years just to get them all.

Fuck that.

New Global Mission is live.

• From January 31st to February 14th
  • The rewards are 2000 Festival Coins (4000 if you have your game connected to a Global Link account) if successful, or 200 FC (400 with GL) if not
  • If the mission reaches 2 000 000 trades, everyone that participated receives a Friend Ball

Yeah, that Friend Ball is a reaaaaaal incentive. If they made it a Master Ball instead, I think we would see at least 1.5 million trades.

Edited by The Damned
Turns out only PGL accounts get thr free Rare Candies: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/58dccacf-34eb-4d1e-accc-4313cf82d5b5

Oh yeah,I heard about the rental tea thing.

For those that don't know about this, you can scan QR codes and it will generate a team used by other players for use on the Battle Tree.

I've never used it, though, so I don't know the exact requirements for it. Also, the only codes I can find seen to be only on PGL.com, and requires an account.

So two things:

First, the Global Mission is at 668 000, and we're only two days in. I think we got this one. Also, I was able to get online finally, so I'm now in!

Second, if you missed the North American Genesect event from last year, you got a second chance.

It's only good for XY and ORAS, not Sun and Moon, but you can still transfer it over if you use Pokémon Bank. Just go to Mystery Gift and enter the code.

If you're in Europe, it's GENESECT2016

Just remember: if you used the GameStop/EB Games card from the 20th Anniversary event, this won't work. It's the same download, so the game will see it as already used.

Anyone got a spare Buzzwole? GTS isn't a good place to trade for one.

It's either "Level 91 or higher pokémon that no one has, and if they did, they wouldn't trade it for a fucking Buzzwole", or "Level 91 and higher Legendary that was only ever released in Japan, and comes in a Cherish Ball, which automatically means you can't trade it online, because Cherish Balls are designed to do exactly that", with the occasional "exactly what I have at the moment, but by the time I go to pick out the one I want to trade, the GTS has already completed the trade with someone else, leaving me standing there with nothing to do".

Seriously, this is nuts. I've been trying for weeks.

For those of you in the US, Canada, France, Italy and Spain, the Bottle Cap event has begun from today. In the US, it is being given at Gamestop until March 5th 2017. In Canada, the Bottle Cap codes can be obtained through EB Games, while in Spain it will be available at GAME through the Nintendo Zone until March 12th 2017. In Italy you can get codes at Gamestop until March 5th 2017. In France it can be obtained from today to March 12th in Micromania stores. It has also begun at GamePlanet in Mexico. These codes give 1 Bottle Cap and match the event that started in the UK and various other parts of Europe earlier this month

What a fucking waste. One Bottle Cap? That's great. I can go get them in-game, even if it is a bit tedious.

If they made it like 5 or so, then that would be worth it. But one per game? Fuck that. Not worth the time it would take to walk into the nearest store.

EDIT: OK, for the sake of clarity and why this is such a shit deal.

So, Bottle Caps are an item that was introduced in Sun and Moon, along with Hyper Training. Basically, you spend a Bottle Cap, you can "max out" a Pokémon's IV to it's maximum, thus making it competitive. It's a way to make up for any shortcomings in the six stats that would allow you to make better use of it.

A Silver Cap lets you max out one stat, and that's it. You can need anywhere from one to six, depending upon how much you want to make that one pokémon competitive. And most teams are made of six pokémon, so that's up to 24 stats you have to maximize.

Now, a golden Cap would allow you to max out all six stats on one pokémon, so that's not only really useful, but also really valuable.

But one Silver Cap is barely above useless. It's like offering someone a big plate, only to find out that they put a single bean on it. Bon appetite.

• 2 weeks later...

There's another wifi download for XY and ORAS. If you didn't get Genesect last year, this is your chance.

In North America, this is through the code GENESECT20 and in Europe it's through the code GENESECT2016 . It won't work if you obtained Genesect during the events held around the world late last year.

Source: Serebii.net

Edited by The Damned
I DONE BEEN STOOPID LOLOLOL fixed to correct games.

• DarkeSword changed the title to Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced