Bahamut

Secret of Mana

51 posts in this topic

Just marked you guys down for Danger and @Sagnewshreds for Flight Into the Unknown

jnWake likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, crap. Put me down for Mystic Invasion. What's the timeline like? Hope this isn't going to hurt..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need an artist for the cover? Tell me you need an artist for the cover. Words cannot express what this game means to me. Please say yes. Let me art it. Link to my portfolio in my signature.... 
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@evktalo: shooting for six 2 month check-ins currently, dates haven't been formalized yet, but expect them sometime next week.

@Odai: We had an artist on the project already, but I think we may need another since this is a Square game (which means we need lots of custom artwork).

evktalo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, evktalo said:

Well, crap. Put me down for Mystic Invasion. What's the timeline like? Hope this isn't going to hurt..

If you feel like it, we can also collab again to ease the pain ;)

evktalo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped "I Closed My Eyes" and "A Conclusion" I believe it was because I knew someone else would be able to claim them and deliver on them good before I could.. I was going to focus on Lufia 2 and get those songs done first! But if there's anything left that appeals to me here when I'm able to tackle one, I will be back on board! I'm excited to see what Dan does with "I Closed My Eyes"

Bahamut and dannthr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll claim eternal recurrence

Bahamut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes, I have a confirmed collab with Jeff Ball (violin), Abi Coffer (flute/piccolo), Doug Perry (marimba) and Wilbert Roget (recorder) for "Little Sprite". 

Bahamut, dannthr and pu_freak like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2016 at 3:48 AM, Odai said:

Do you need an artist for the cover? Tell me you need an artist for the cover. Words cannot express what this game means to me. Please say yes. Let me art it. Link to my portfolio in my signature.... 
Thanks!

We could do an artist tribute album book with liner notes or stories from the contributors on what SoM means to them--and then send it to Hiroki Kikuta.

Ivaer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2016 at 4:30 AM, dannthr said:

We could do an artist tribute album book with liner notes or stories from the contributors on what SoM means to them--and then send it to Hiroki Kikuta.

I'm not contributing to this- I AM following it excitedly- but that sounds like an amazing thing to do.

dannthr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ivaer said:

I'm not contributing to this- I AM following it excitedly- but that sounds like an amazing thing to do.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to do!

 

Along with contributing to the art, I'd be happy to put the book together in InDesign.

audio fidelity and Ivaer like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I know it's claimed already, but if the spot becomes vacant I'd love to do Prophecy. Coincidentally, I've been working on a Prophecy remix for the last few days (a solo piano remix). Check it out here:

 

 

Ivaer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this project still ongoing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, it is! :D  I'm still in, anyhow, I just have time complications at the moment.

The only time line I've seen on this (and maybe I just missed it) was that things were going to come together in the second half of this year--so it seemed like I had some time, yo! :)

Odai likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably won't be able to put serious effort into my tracks until later in the Summer (due to other album commitments I need to take care of), but definitely hope the album fully comes together :D Really excited with some ideas I have for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bahamut!

I've sent you a pm.. I'm really interested in participating the project. I sent you some songs / remixes as a proof of quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first WIP is pretty much ready, just let me know when you need it by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Bahamut just got a LOT busier with real life, so I will be taking the lead and he will take on a more assisting role. That means: let's get this show on the road! I'll be asking the mods if I can take over the first post, otherwise I'll be making a new thread. 

In the meanwhile: we have new project forums and we have WIP deadlines! I think the OCR sub-forums aren't really convenient, so everyone involved in the project should register here:

http://SoMOCR.proboards.com

The forum is also where we will be posting WIPs for feedback.

We wil be having a deadline every two months, with a final cut-off date in one year. That means this will NOT be an album where the entire soundtrack is mixed, but rather an album that will be released within two years. If you miss your second deadline, your claim is gone and anyone can take the tracks. Starting from May 1st we will only accept substantial WIPs (where the arrangement is at least 80% done).

So the deadlines are:

November 1st

January 1st

March 1st

May 1st - ONLY SUBSTANTIAL WIPS ACCEPTED

July 1st

September 1st - FINAL CUT-OFF DATE

 

Good luck guys!

evktalo and Odai like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pu_freak said:

Alright guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Bahamut just got a LOT busier with real life, so I will be taking the lead

Sounds cool. I was waiting on confirmation replies as to visual art for the album. Don't know whether bahamut discussed it with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Odai said:

Sounds cool. I was waiting on confirmation replies as to visual art for the album. Don't know whether bahamut discussed it with you?

He'll send me everything he received so far shortly, but it would be faster if you PM'ed me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good news @pu_freak of you joining as a director! On a bluesier note.. I think I'll better drop the claim for Mystic Invasion. I have ridiculously little time for music recently and too many project claims just waiting forever to be finished.. but I also had this really clear, inspired vision of the way I would arrange the track, and now later I have no idea if I'd have what it takes to realize it. So I think it's better to not take up the space, so someone else can grab the tune and do something great with it. Good luck with the album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11-9-2016 at 5:34 PM, evktalo said:

That's good new @pu_freak of you joining as a director! On a bluesier note.. I think I'll better drop the claim for Mystic Invasion. I have ridiculously little time for music recently and too many project claims just waiting forever to be finished.. but I also had this really clear, inspired vision of the way I would arrange the track, and now later I have no idea if I'd have what it takes to realize it. So I think it's better to not take up the space, so someone else can grab the tune and do something great with it. Good luck with the album!

Sorry to hear that man, but thanks for the heads up!

 

EDIT: I PM'ed all the artists that have a claim/WIP for this project. If you didn't recieve anything, please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.