Brandon Strader

Hometown Heroes: Check In & Recruiting

41 posts in this topic

I already released the Phantasy Star IV Town Medley, but i would pick it up again and do changes. The only Things i need help with would be some more Feedback and Mastering.

This project intrigues me.  Thieves Bazaar from Lunar:SSS (which plays in the town of Reza) is one of my all-time favorite tracks and I'd love to try doing my own rendition.  I was eventually going to do it anyway, it was just a matter of finding the time to do it.

However, I've got a LOT of stuff on my plate as it is right now (probably more than I should have committed to), a move to a new post this summer, and my wife's pregnant.  If I can reliably find the time to put together a full-length WIP that shows some promise and you'd like to bring me on board, I obviously wouldn't object.

If I may pop in out of nowhere here, I quite like this idea. I've always really enjoyed town themes in games. That's why I was delighted to have the track Frontier Village Dali for the FFIX album.

Anyway, from the tracks currently listed, it looks like most are RPGs. Is that generally what we're going for here? I also had the idea of Professor Layton, but I'd have to think of an idea that works...

I'll keep digging to see if there's something calling out to me. :)

This isn't dead or cancelled, it's just not going really fast, and that's OK. Albums are 100% dependent on the input of the artists, but in this case I'm not even 100% sure of what we're going to have or what direction it's going to go.

It would be great if the involved remixers continue to finish up their stuff, and I can get a better picture of where we are and what we'll have, and begin filling in blanks with new artists and my own mixes as well. For a single disc this shouldn't be too hard. 

We're not trying to hit some anniversary date as far as I know, so a little extra love and time laid aside won't hurt!

Yeah I just want this finished as soon as possible. This method seems to result in a lack of posts which makes some remixers think the album is dead and therefore not work on their tracks.

In reality, this means WORK ON YOUR TRACKS PLEASE. I think a deadline would be helpful in this case. Ever since this was revived it's kinda been in check-in mode but I think it's time for an actual deadline to be set lol

A large portion of the claims are lost, in terms of not getting contact with people or them being gone, or their quality not being up to OCRA. That's why it's still in the check in and recruiting phase, more importantly recruiting. There's a lot of people I've never heard of on the roster, and the handful of people I'd say are dependable to pass the panel, are people who are really busy and committed to other projects and/or real life stuff... Gonna have to wiggle, wiggle like the early worm, and hope some birds fly by. :)

So, if any of us have a suggestion of a track we'd like to remix for this album that isn't posted on the first post of this thread, we check in (like Hipnotyk), wait for a yay or nay, then submit to Mr. Strader or Mirby when its done? Not that I actually have a remix to submit, I'm just asking the question in case I did have one. :)

I agree with Mirby that a deadline of some sort - like before 2017 - would be good to keep a sense of some urgency for the participants. You can always push the date if you need to.

...which is easy for me to say. LOL

The urgency for the participants mainly is do it or you get cut, deadlines are kind of old hat. This isn't a job, people remix cause they love VGM. Or they don't and someone else does.  There are so many resources for remixers now. 

Yes, someone should send me an audition, best work, if they want a claim! We can work together with feedback to make sure the song is up to OCR standards for those who pass the audition phase :) 

As a last note, they have many albums scheduled for release, and there's no line skipping.  Being done sooner is better, but it doesn't mean this could come out in a month if it was suddenly done!

Well yeah, I just meant something to put in the title to help give the impression that the album isn't dead lol