OCR03355 - *YES* Shenmue 'Having Risen, the Phoenix Stops for a Spot of Tea'

Emunator

Sounds pretty nice, but there's some very obviously flubbed notes at 1:47 and other points throughout the arrangement that are distracting. Given the nature of how this mix was conceived, it's prone to some errors but overall this sounds incredibly dynamic and beautiful. Probably could give this a direct-post but I'm going to err on the side of caution. ~ Emu

Another arrangement played live on the stream. In case the last one got rejected I'll restate here what it's about. Fridays for 8 hours I take requests to learn a bunch of songs, then 2 days later that sunday I perform them all. It's been a lot of fun and something I hope to continue to do for a long time. The streams are at http://www.hitbox.tv/shnabubula and the video of this performance is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMsqyJSIP3A

Anyway, this is shenmue, a game I really wanted to play back in the day and even more so now that Shenmue III is being made, really hope there's some kind of steam release or something. This was requested by OCRemixes very own David Hsu, awesome guy and fantastic musician. Here's the song:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't hear any obvious flubs, but that could be because I watched the updated performance video at:

Had to say first that I don't like the piano sound here. Obviously, the keyboard doesn't have the resonance/release sounds of a genuine piano, but that uncanny valley with the lack of realism really stands out. In any case, the arrangement and performance more than carries it.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

I had a big issue with his previous submission regarding the piano sound, but oddly, I think it works better in this composition.  Perhaps the pop/ballad nature of the arrangement fits better than a classical approach for this sound, although I'm still not a big fan of it.  Needless to say, Shnab is a genius, and this arrangement speaks for itself.  Beautiful performance filled with soul, and expansive interpretation. 

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/08/18 - (2Y) Shenmue 'Having Risen, The Phoenix Stops for a Spot of Tea'
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03355 - *YES* Shenmue 'Having Risen, the Phoenix Stops for a Spot of Tea'
  • DaMonz locked this topic