Chrono Trigger - Attack on Mammon (Undersea Palace/Lavos)

Zorrakh

Hello -

I've recently re-watched Attack on Titan in preparation for the second season, whenever it's coming out, and I've been really wanting to take some of those elements used throughout the soundtrack and apply to my own works, since there's so much power there. I've also been thinking about applying it to a Remix, to get a better feel on writing music, to work on arranging, to work on production/mixing/mastering, and to simply get the creative juices flowing. Finally, I decided on taking the Undersea Palace and Lavos themes and create an Attack on Titan-inspired Remix

https://soundcloud.com/user-913553678/attack-on-mammon-wip-chrono-trigger-undersea-palace-lavos

Of course, it's in the WiP stage at the moment, and I'm having one major difficulty: the arrangement is just too conservative for me at the moment, and while I would have some more wiggle room in transitioning to the theme of Lavos, I haven't gotten there yet, and I believe I should expand on the Undersea Palace theme somehow, but I'm not quite sure how to approach it. If you have any thoughts in that regards, or anything else in general, please let me know. Thank you for listening!

Source:

Chrono Trigger - Undersea Palace

Planning on using: Chrono Trigger - Lavos' Theme

• 1 month later...

I like that brooding start, very provocative. But the transition at 0:20 to the main line is way to abrupt and could use a way more sinister flow. Chronodyne Marine does this to great effect around the 1:00 minute mark.The vocals at 0:54 just beg to be used more. They add to the atmosphere that your intro manages to build and I'd hate to see them go.