Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

I'm in need of a clean version of this sound from DKC:

http://antipodemusic.googlepages.com/DKCSound.mp3

It's that "Ahhh-yah!" voice sample thing that plays in Funky's Flights.

This is actually just taken from bLiNd's Aerofunknamics remix from Kong in Koncert, but I had it handy and it's the exact same sound. Anyone have a good quality version of this sound?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in need of several .wav, MOD-formatted, or soundfont samples (for about a dozen different remixes). I'm using ModPLUG Tracker as my creation method, because it's free, and I understand how it works, and I'm poor and can't afford commercial music composition software.

Currently, what I'm looking for is the following:

A sound that resembles a footstep, marching, something like that.

A steel drum.

A whistle, of the variety that might be heard in use by a referee or lifeguard (loud shrill noise, not like a person whistling with their mouth).

Something (or two sounds taken together) which sounds like a heartbeat.

A handclap.

So far, I've been unable to find these sounds in the links provided, though I'll admit the possibility that I may have overlooked something. If anyone knows where I can find these, please let me know.

I'm in dire need of a good accordian soundfont/samples. I've searched around but I can't find any.

There's a decent accordian soundfont at Hammersound:

http://www.hammersound.com/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl?action=view_download_page;ID=442;SoundFont_Location_Selected=Download%20USA;SoundFont_Filename_Selected=CampbellsHonerAccordian.sfpack

Ultimate Guitar Kit 2 (~28mb sf2)

Have a free guitar soundfont. I got this off of The Auditorium before they neutered the sample section of their forums. I don't recall who the original author was, though.

In any case, enjoy.

How do I use this sample kit?? Do I need a certain generator? I'm using FL studio and I have no idea how to put the kit into that program and use it :S...help plz T_T

How do I use this sample kit?? Do I need a certain generator? I'm using FL studio and I have no idea how to put the kit into that program and use it :S...help plz T_T

Well, put it in a folder that is mapped in the browser window (or map a new one if you want in options), create a soundfont channel and drag the .sf2 file to the newly created channel button.

Hi. I'm looking for an effective 'ticking' sound. I have something pretty particular in mind so I'll describe it the best I can. Imagine like the tick of a clock, but not so harsh. Like a thin tick with a little resonance to it that will work well with a rhythmic passage. Imagine what a song with a clock type theme would start out with.. a ticking of a clock, but then over it is a rhythmic ticking sound. I know this still pretty vague though very specific. But if anyone can decipher my little rambling prose then I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi. I'm looking for an effective 'ticking' sound. I have something pretty particular in mind so I'll describe it the best I can. Imagine like the tick of a clock, but not so harsh. Like a thin tick with a little resonance to it that will work well with a rhythmic passage. Imagine what a song with a clock type theme would start out with.. a ticking of a clock, but then over it is a rhythmic ticking sound. I know this still pretty vague though very specific. But if anyone can decipher my little rambling prose then I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

A woodblock? Or a cowbell perhaps? Maybe even two drumsticks? Actually I think a woodblock would be your best option to look into.

Thanks.

If you have a microphone, you could just start hitting things with other things and see if it ever makes the sound you want, and then go about recording it. If you don't have a microphone though.... hmmmm. Beyond Tensei-san's recomendations, I can't really think of anything, but consider getting a clock tick near what you are looking for (after all there are lots and lots of different clock ticks) and then just EQing out the bits you don't want. I admit, when you say of a clock themed track I'm kinda thinking of this sorta track, and the opening samples of it.

Anyone here have a good TV turn off sound? I can't seem to find one online. Thanks!

Well, if you have a microphone... =P

Anyways, I figuring you mean that kinda fake TV-off sound, right? The one which is kinda high pitched and then goes low pitched really fast? I'd emulate it with a synth - simply screw with the pitch envelope... errrr, you do have a synth with a pitch envelope, right? If you don't, I suppose you could do some crazy pitch bending, or maybe a huge but really fast slide if your sequencer does that.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask for an extremely vague one?

There was a hit used regularly in the N64 Bomberman games, an industrial sounding "hit" (I don't really know if it's a hit or not, but it sounded like it. N64 instrumentation is not my specialty).

Use the videos here for a better idea. http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?Bomberman64_100p_134

It's mostly seen in area five, that floating battlestation.

And I'm not asking for it specififcally, just a hit with that sort of sound.