Keith Emerson Dead at 71

Wiesty

Keith Emerson was, for my money, the best keyboardist ever. His command of the instrument and harmonic interplay was ahead of its time. Tarkus in particular is something to just be in awe of. Plus, such an influence on so many famous musicians, including ones within the VGM community. A more monumental loss than I think most people will realise. 

Never heard his name before, but wow what you posted WillRock, that reminded me of Final Fantasy. I imagine Nubuo was a fan of that guy ?

There's a part in the song "Odyssey" by Symphony X that always reminded me of Final Fantasy [7:13 to 7:45 (and 7:36 in particular)], but could never tell if one of the guys was a VGM fan; now I think it might me something like what you posted.
Will check his stuff for sure, I love the 70s vibe and prog... RIP

2 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Never heard his name before, but wow what you posted WillRock, that reminded me of Final Fantasy. I imagine Nubuo was a fan of that guy ?

There's a part in the song "Odyssey" by Symphony X that always reminded me of Final Fantasy [7:13 to 7:45 (and 7:36 in particular)], but could never tell if one of the guys was a VGM fan; now I think it might me something like what you posted.
Will check his stuff for sure, I love the 70s vibe and prog... RIP

Oh yeah, he was a massive influence on Nubou. To be fair, VERY influential, Emerson Lake and Palmer are probably THE most famous forgotten band ever - according to everyone who remembers them, in their peak, they were the biggest rock band in the world - more popular than Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd etc etc. Sadly, time hasn't been kind to the bands popularity, but everyone over a certain age remembers who they are, and most musicians worth some shit who knew about them were inspired by them, VGM included.