An OverClocked Christmas v10 - Recruiting NOW!

Dyne

I can't say it's Christmas in July, but it is Christmas in March!! I apologize for the hold up, but I wanted to kick this thread into gear as early as I could this year, because this is the tenth anniversary of An OverClocked Christmas we're talking about. That's right, Volume 10!!

Who's directing this ship this year?

Well, in the last two years (volumes 8 and 9), The Coop has stepped up and stepped into the role of director, while I, for personal reasons that I won't get into here, stepped back to take a breather. Two years is a long time, but this year is special, and I couldn't stand staying away for it. So this year, I'm happy to announce that...

Both The Coop, and myself (Dyne), will be directing this project.

So, what's this year's theme going to be, or, what music should we be making for this project?

As always, Christmasy, snowy, seasonal music is the goal, but this year, I'm asking everyone to stick to Video Game Music specifically. That means that we're not taking original music, or remixes/rearrangements of classic Christmas tunes. I will explain why this is the running theme for the year. In previous years, we've had a mix of all manner of music, from VGM, to classic Christmas music, to originals. For this year, I wanted to focus primarily on VGM has a whole, especially because of this community here at OCR. I love this community, and though I've been lurking for a long time now, I still think of this community as an extended family. So, with that in mind, let's brighten the year with amazing music!!

The other reason for this focus is actually a project that has yet to be started. One that I won't be talking about, but one that is something I want to accomplish for Christmas 2017. So keep an eye out for that.

What format should our tracks be in?

Typically, we've accepted them as MP3s and WAVs before. We're going to do this again. The following is the format that I would like followed:

44.1 Khz, 192kbps .MP3 

Who do we submit our music to?

Well, to be honest, either one of us. But more specifically, I'd like to have them sent to me through my gmail account. That said, I have some guidelines for how you can send me those emails, and what I need to see so I can locate them in my email.

First, my Gmail address is, as always, Dyne2057@gmail.com.

Secondly, in the SUBJECT line, I'd like the following in all caps: RE: AOCC VOLUME 10 SUBMISSION

Thirdly, in the body of the email message, I'd like the following: YOUR REMIXER HANDLE (what you use on OCR is fine), THE OFFICIAL TITLE OF YOUR TRACK, THE SOURCE OF THE TRACK (what game is it from? who is the composer?), ANY COMMENTS YOU WISH TO MAKE ABOUT YOUR TRACK (or tracks if you are making multiple submissions).

Should we send multiple tracks in one email?

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is, I would like tracks in separate emails. I know this is tedious, but it will help me keep track of what information belongs to each of your tracks.

What should we do if we can't send you tracks via email?

If you can't send them via email, I will accept links to DropBox, web space (if that's where you can put it), or whatever method you'd like to use to get them to me. I would still like the requisite information from the email along with the link. If you are doing multiple tracks, then you can send multiple links this way. I know, this is a bit backwards from what I said about sending email to me in one of the sections above, but please hear me out. If you're sending links, you can more easily divide up your track, so what it should look like is like the following:

--- <DOWNLOAD LINK FOR YOUR TRACK>

--- REMIXER HANDLE

--- OFFICIAL TITLE OF YOUR TRACK

--- SOURCE OF YOUR TRACK

--- COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR TRACK

And then just repeat for as many submissions as you have. The download link will act as a divider. And remember that your SUBJECT should also be the same as above.

WIP Deadlines, Final Deadline?

I'd like to have at least two WIP Deadlines this time around. The deadlines will be as follows:

First WIP Deadline: June 1, 2016
Second WIP Deadline: September 1, 2016
FINAL DEADLINE: December 11, 2016 at 11:59pm

I would like to have everything submitted by December 11, 2016, which gives almost 2 weeks for everything to be finalized, and readied for release. This year, because of the length of time we have, I'm going to be a bit more strict on late tracks.

That said, the very latest I intend to take submissions will be by: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 11:59pm.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

If you have any of these, feel free to drop me a line, or throw those things here in the thread. Either The Coop or myself will answer you as soon as we can.

Thank you, and as always, I look forward to hearing your tracks.

Track Suggestions

In a response to a question about suggestions, I said I would think about some ideas and present them here in the OP. So, here are some ideas. Also, please note, your remixes don't necessarily need to be specifically snow-based level music, or what not, it can be any track you want.

Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Earthbound
Mega Man and Mega Man X (don't forget the Game Boy series!)
Megaman Zero 1-4
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy series
Destiny
Tom Clancy series
Rainbow Six series
Act Raiser
Final Fight
Street Fighter series
King of Fighters series
Snatcher
Sonic the Hedgehog
Undertale (especially this)
Super Mario RPG
Tales of ... series
Assassin's Creed series
Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid series

Thanks for the reminder Yannic Gerts! Here's a link to all the previous albums!

http://williammichael.info/aocc/index.htm

This sounds fun, what kind of tracks do you want remixed? A while ago, I submitted an attempt at a Christmas themed remix of "Sepette for the Dead Princess" (Touhou 6) called,"Vampire Christmas" (of course it didn't pass but they said the idea was cool). Maybe I could redo that ...

On 3/26/2016 at 8:53 PM, Ronald Poe said:

This sounds fun, what kind of tracks do you want remixed? A while ago, I submitted an attempt at a Christmas themed remix of "Sepette for the Dead Princess" (Touhou 6) called,"Vampire Christmas" (of course it didn't pass but they said the idea was cool). Maybe I could redo that ...

Actually, that's a very good question. I will spend some time this week coming up with examples, or even a list of suggestions, and put them in the original post. But you could do aremix of "Sepette fro the Dead Princess" from Touhou 6. Keep working on it, you have until December, and I think that's plenty of time to work on it.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:25 PM, PlanarianHugger said:

Do you want the final version or can we send WIPs and get feedback. I have a In a Snowbound Land remix partially finished and was wondering.

Yes, you can send WIPs and get feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to bump this once so everyone sees it. I realize that this was a gamble to start as early as possible, but I'm okay with that. I've wanted to start this project way earlier than usual because I wanted to give everyone more time to work on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That would be correct Yannic.

On 8/4/2016 at 6:46 AM, Yannic Geerts said:

Since the first deadline has been missed and a second one is coming up already... I guess as long as you submit a finished track that follows the guidelines before December, we're still good? 8O

Alright folks. It's time for anyone interested to start getting their songs going if you haven't already.

For the mathologically impaired, there's two months and 10 days from this post before the final deadline for submitting finished tracks on December 11, 2016. And knowing how this project has gone in the past, that's not as much time as it seems. So for those who have been putting it off, it's time to get to work. The good people of OCR (and the world?) are counting on us to either make or break their Christmas spirit.

But no pressure.

1 hour ago, Garpocalypse said:

I have my source picked but probably won't be able to start work on it until next month.  Is it cool if I have something ready to throw at you come final deadline?  

Yeah, that's fine. The key is to get the final, finished song to us before the deadline.

1 hour ago, ~Faseeh~ said:

Hey, it's not too late to join, right? :) 

Nope. As long as you can get a song done on time, you could join a week before that deadline :lol: