*NO* Mother 1, 3 & 2 'Home'

Emunator

Remixer Name: Nadeus

Email: 
User ID: Nadeus
Link to arrangement: 

Games arranged: Mother 1 (Earthbound Zero), Mother 3, Earthbound 
Name of arrangement: Home
Name of individual songs arranged: Title Theme (Mother 3), Eight Melodies (Mother 1), Love Theme (Mother 3), Pollyanna (Earthbound)
Game Info: Original music by Shogo Sakai, Hiroshi Kanazu, & Keiichi Suzuki. Consoles: SNES, Family Computer, Gameboy Advance
Original Soundtrack Links: 

Other comments:
I arranged this medley as part of a commission from the Appalachian Video Game Ensemble, a new student group back at my university that performs live video game music.
When I was first told of what pieces they wanted arranged for this medley, I had to think very carefully as to how to make it appropriate for the ensemble.
I ended up adding several other layers (i.e., countermelodies and added harmonies) into the voices on top of the existing music to give it a little bit more pizzaz, and also to coincide with some of the conventions found in wind ensemble music.
I use Sibelius 8 when composing/arranging music in order for it to be able to be mixed into a audio recording, as well as printed out in sheet music in order to be performed live. 
Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

My gut impression is that this would sound quite nice if it were actually performed live, or sequenced with a lot more nuance, but right now it sounds like I'm listening to a very nice arrangement that's been merely sketched out without much attention paid to humanization, expression or timing. The arrangement is nice and dynamic, and I have no doubt this would work well as an ensemble, but as a standalone piece, the leads are sequenced with total rigidity that don't do justice to your nice arrangement. 

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2015/09/04 - Mother 1-3 'Home'
  • 2 weeks later...

Please provide a download link for future submissions.

This arrangement is pretty sweet, but as Wes pointed out, the production is very barebones.  There's a severe lack of humanization everywhere, and the sample quality is not good.  I would actually like to hear a performance recording of this arrangement by the people who commissioned it from you.  Anyways there's really not much to say as the production issues are very evident and come down to lack of humanization and poor sample quality.  I also think that, for the most part, it sticks too close to the originals (Home Sweet Home is a good example)

NO

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/09/04 - (2N) Mother 1-3 'Home'
  • Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Mother 1, 3 & 2 'Home'