Newb Recording Question!

On 5/16/2016 at 2:32 PM, Meteo Xavier said:

"Meteo, how many times can you resurrect a dead topic?"

AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES.

As I wait to get the XV-5050 repaired and collect the Behringer to test it out, I had a new question. Do they make audio interface devices that also record to .WAV right there in the box and let me take the song out with a USB stick or something? I figure they do, but I haven't come across one yet.

With some of these audio interfaces seeming to have driver issues with Windows, I figured it was worth asking about. Thank you!

Actually, as far as audio interfaces, not really, but field recorders do it. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1116977-REG/zoom_zh4nsp_h4nsp_handy_recorder.html

This takes XLR, though (mic cables), so you might need a converter as well.

• 1 month later...

Well, as this Summer so far (as in just the last five weeks) has cost me $1,300 in car repair, $800 in misc expenses, and I'm still owed a couple thousand from work, needless to say I never did pick any of this up and probably won't be able to get it anytime soon except as a Christmas present , so I think trying to go for a Focusrite Saffire 2i2 is going to be out.

The only other audio interface I see for a doable price (under $100) is the Behringer UMC202HD or UMC204HD, where I see it, that one has comparable ratings to Focusrite stuff. Has anyone used this one or could vouch for it as a quality, clean audio interface to record some romplers into?