PaRappa the Rapper: "Believe" EP (RECRUITING)

Cole Train

Parappa The Rapper EP Project

Director: Cole Train (Blacimar)
Artist(s): [Needed]
Web Designer: [Needed]
Trailer: [Wanted]

Project Overview Sheet

So, Parappa the Rapper! It's great, and I love the cheesy music in that game. But there isn't much representation of it on this site, which I find weird given that it in a way invented the rhythm game genre as it is. But I'm out to give the game the treatment it deserves with this EP.

The idea of this project is simple and something original for OCRemix. I'm planning for this to be an album composed of only vocal remixes. Hip hop/rap and R&B vocal remixes at that. No album on Overclocked (that I know of) has done either of those, and probably for good reason. Vocal remixes are for certain hated by some, but given the game that this is, in my eyes it would be criminal if this wasn't a full force hip hop album.

So What's Needed?

Well, as you can see above, we need the normal jazz for albums: An artist for one of those amazing album covers, a web designer to, well, design the website for the album to be hosted on, and someone to make a trailer for the album. Other than that, we of course need our music artists, who I'm gonna be checking in with and be in contact with, who are going to remix eight tracks from the game. If you want to claim a track, reply to this thread, pm, or email (nathanocole@gmail.com) me expressing interest, describing what you wanna do with the track of your choice (as in style and idea). Singers, those who play an instrument(s), vocalists, and other rappers who don't claim a track who aren't in a group/cooperation for a track will be put in the collaborators section along with their skill. Just reply to this thread or pm/email me expressing interest with previous work if you want to be a collaborator. From there, artists working on their track could reach out to you to get you on. 

Tracks

Remember folks, diverse styles of hip hop are encouraged, so don't be afraid to let your creativity let loose. Any subgenre of hip hop, from jazz hop, gangsta rap, rap metal, trap, and anything in between is fair game. WIP deadlines will be discussed at a later time, but I have no deadline for the EP to be out. Take the time to make sure you're 200 percent satisfied with your tracks I say. If you show to me a lack of effort or care on your part to me though, I won't hesitate to drop you from the project, be mindful of that. Also if you have an idea for one of the smaller tracks from the game that aren't listed below (Maybe you got a mean idea for Jet Baby, I dunno), contact me about that as well. Remixes of those could be added. Maybe we could call this an album at some point instead of an EP (wishful thinking, I know). 

Tracklist

** = Must Haves

(Purple = Claimed   Yellow = WIP   Green = Complete)

**Chop Chop Master Onion Rap (zykO)

Love You Rap (Aramis616 [Vocals] + ??? [Needs ReMixer]) 

**Instructor Mooselini's Rap (ThirdKoopa)

**Prince Fleaswallow's Rap (Navi)

**Cheap Cheap the Cooking Chicken Rap 

Katy and Sunny Band Anthem

**All Master's Rap

**Live Rap With Mc. King Kong Mushi (Overclocked University)

**Funny Love (DaleNorth)

Sign of Happiness

Joe Chin is Here

The Jet Baby

Smooth Life of Mine

Paradise

Straight To Hell

Thank You For Everything

Collaborators

Cole Train (Blackimar): Vocals: Rap and Singing (Baritone or Bass)

Smooth4lyfe: Vocals: Rap (https://soundcloud.com/smooth4lyfe)

Aramis616: Vocals: Rap (https://soundcloud.com/aramis616/tracks) (Check Love You Rap)

I feel like a Parappa EP *would* be awesome; strange coincidence, but I was actually thinking this to myself 2-3 days ago...

However, that being said, it absolutely, positively MUST have the talents of @Damashii!! & OverClocked Assembled - @DiGi Valentine, @SuperiorX, @BrothaDom, @José the Bronx Rican, @metaphist - or else I feel that it just won't happen the way it needs to. How often do I weigh in on album proposals and suggest that if certain artists aren't involved, the concept isn't gonna take off? Never. I never do that. I'm doing it here because this is something I'd love to see happen, something I myself saw OverClocked Assembled doing back when they first emerged, and something that would be unique for OCR.

If the crew ain't down, I'm not saying there's NO way this concept could work, but it'd be..... much, much harder... If they are, it's more a question of who would play what roles... @Cole Train, as you say, you're new round these parts, but if the artists above feel like they can work with you, and they're interested, this could be magical.

I guess what I'm really saying here is... you gotta believe.

4 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

I feel like a Parappa EP *would* be awesome; strange coincidence, but I was actually thinking this to myself 2-3 days ago...

However, that being said, it absolutely, positively MUST have the talents of @Damashii!! & OverClocked Assembled - @DiGi Valentine, @SuperiorX, @BrothaDom, @José the Bronx Rican, @metaphist - or else I feel that it just won't happen the way it needs to. How often do I weigh in on album proposals and suggest that if certain artists aren't involved, the concept isn't gonna take off? Never. I never do that. I'm doing it here because this is something I'd love to see happen, something I myself saw OverClocked Assembled doing back when they first emerged, and something that would be unique for OCR.

If the crew ain't down, I'm not saying there's NO way this concept could work, but it'd be..... much, much harder... If they are, it's more a question of who would play what roles... @Cole Train, as you say, you're new round these parts, but if the artists above feel like they can work with you, and they're interested, this could be magical.

I guess what I'm really saying here is... you gotta believe.

Yeah, I feel you and agree with that. I was just about to try and get in touch with Assembled about that this weekend actually, along with maybe others like Halc or Zyko. To be honest, I was imagining how godly the live rap and/or all master's rap would be with all of Assembled. 

Just now, Cole Train said:

Yeah, I feel you and agree with that. I was just about to try and get in touch with Assembled about that this weekend actually, along with maybe others like Halc or Zyko. To be honest, I was imagining how godly the live rap and/or all master's rap would be with all of Assembled. 

@halc & @zykO would be great additions to.

And yes... I don't know if it WILL happen, but Assembled doing the all master's rap NEEDS to happen... so hopefully it DOES :)

• Liontamer changed the title to PaRappa the Rapper: "Believe" EP (RECRUITING)
  • 1 month later...

Update (not that anyone really cares): So, if you didn't see originally, I am still looking for a web designer for web designing needs, an artist to make the cover art, and someone to help lay down a sick trailer (That will be taken care of at a later date of at a later date of course. However, would be nice to be in contact now). So if any of this interests you or someone you know, don't hesitate to contact a guy. Specifically me. 

Also, I did claim Funny Love, but if you're interested in the track contact me and I may just let you take it. While I want to make a ReMix of it, I'm kind of doubting my abilities, and to make a remix of it, one of my favorite video game tracks of all time, it would have to be as close to perfect as possible. At this stage in the game, i'm not sure if I can deliver on that. On top of that the idea I have is admittedly pretty similar to how the song is now. We'll see what happens though. If I do end up ReMixing the track, I have a guest singer that will be on it that i'm super excited to maybe do this with, cause great singer but she doesn't really show her talent off much. We'll see though!

Other than that...I think that's it. Honestly the main purpose of this update was to bump and update the thread. Meh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oho, Parappa certainly has a lot of great music and this sounds like a potentially very awesome EP!
About the art, do you have a general idea what you like it to be, like a concept or just a general mood that the cover should evoke?

Honestly, I've been drawing blanks when trying to come up with covers for this album.

But I do want the art to invoke a similar positivity that the game had though.
I can just message you about that if you don't get me.

That's a decent start!

To be honest, my artwork is not directly comparable to the game's art style, but I do work a lot with color and study other styles. Feel free to message me if you have any ideas, I'll brain storm a bit, let you know how it goes. If you don't feel like I could do appropriate stuff for this project, feel free to say that then, too. :)

1 minute ago, k-wix said:

Any chance of including the tracks from the underrated 2nd game?

I'd recommend a follow-on EP or something, just to make sure the scope doesn't prevent it from ever seeing the light of day.

Also, psyched to see @DaleNorth on board, and hope @DiggiDis does something more than lurk.

As for art style... does anyone know any real-life graffiti artists? Within the confines of... legality... it'd be awesome to have the artwork be photos OF Parappa graffiti! Just a thought... could also go the extremely lo-fi MS Paint route, since that's almost the game's aesthetic :)

Holy hell, the interest in this boomed a bit out of nowhere, I love it. Lmao. 

@DaleNorth It's great to see you're interested in it (and appreciate the song as much as me). Just get back to me about your idea for it if you have one at the moment.

@Navi It's been too long since you've been on Navi, would be great to have you aboard. 

@po! Not really right now, no. If there's a track that you're interested in, I can kinda put that on "reserve" for you until you got an idea for it. 

@DiggiDis Great. Just contact me with anything man. 

@OA That would be great to have on this EP actually. Would really appreciate it.

@djpretzel Yeah, if/when this is done I wanted there to be a separate ep for Parappa 2. Those are some great ideas for the art though. I'll for sure take those into consideration.