OCR00255 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra (Black Crystal Mix)"

m68030

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always liked this song, even the original. Kajin sweeps me again with a swift kick in the stomach that almost feels good, by showing me what a great artist he is.

This song is faster-paced than the original song, but you know you want this song, because not only is it on piano, it also has a beat.

So please, do me a favor, and get this remix !

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

To me, this sounds like more of an update of the original theme rather than a remix of it. And I mean that in a good way. It's well arranged, lively, and high quality; I would have liked this on the FF Anthologies soundtrack. Variations don't always have to be ground breaking to sound nice, either. Mozart's "12 Variations", 12 variations on "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" include bars that sound similar to the piano variations in this remix.

• 6 months later...

quote possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

There is no bassline to support it, the piano is shoddy, the drums are repetitious, the samples all suck, and ueumatsu would be rolling over in his grave.. oh wait, he's not dead yet =(

worst. remix. ever... except maybe for Bloody Hell. what was THAT crap.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't understand what Kaijin dislikes so much about this mix.

possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.
He doesn't like the baseline, but that can be fixed by proper calibration of your sound system. the piano is solid, and it's a refreshing tempo change from the original.

• 6 months later...
I don't understand what Kaijin dislikes so much about this mix.
possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.
He doesn't like the baseline, but that can be fixed by proper calibration of your sound system. the piano is solid, and it's a refreshing tempo change from the original.

I agree with that. It's a good song that's perhaps more on the ambient side, but a damned good ambience at that. S'certainly not the worst remix ever, there /are/ some remixes not worth having posted on OC remix (which I'll leave nameless, as it's simply my opinion), but this is not one of them.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
quote possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

There is no bassline to support it, the piano is shoddy, the drums are repetitious, the samples all suck, and ueumatsu would be rolling over in his grave.. oh wait, he's not dead yet =(

worst. remix. ever... except maybe for Bloody Hell. what was THAT crap.

This is your OWN remix dude, I think you took the wrong turn somewhere. I mean I like it, it has sweet piano, some nice drums in the back, beautiful strings that sooths your nerves, how can this be a piece of crap? This belongs at least to the middle class, may be that this sounds as same as beautiful as the original, but hey, I really think it has changed, you even took some freestyle with the piano at the melody. I don´t care what you think, I´m downloading this "junk" anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First off i thought it was a cool remix and i liked the flow it seemed to work well. not the best and when youve got something like terra in black on the market its probably not going to stand as the best remix of this song but its very passable in my oppinion. BTW kaijin, i cant believe you dogged Bloodyhell man... that is one of the best things ive ever heard on this site. Give yourself some credit.

5/10. Lame, boring, and short. The piano varitions sound like something I came up with when I was ten using my ever so sacred Music Write program. And there's no intro, whatsoever.

Don't make me hurt you.....

I love this remix. The beauty is in the simplicity. It doesn't need an intro, it slides right into the tune and keeps rolling with a great beat. Ambient, upbeat but still just a good chillin' piece of music. While other remixes on here can easily overpower Terra Black Crystal with sheer complexity and effects, none can topple it's incredibly addictive sound and catchy style.

10/10

Best. OCR song. EVAR.

And Bloody Hell?.....

Second. Best. OCR song.......ever :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm skeptical as to whether or not it was actually Kaijin who wrote those comments. I don't know how or why, but maybe somebody was posing as him at some point or another? It would certainly be appreciated if he would confirm whether or not he actually stands behind his previous comments.

I mean think about! He just said that his own "Bloody Hell" (Castlevania) was bad too! It doesn't make any sense.

My thoughts on this remix? It's not one of my favorites, but it's fun and addicting. Production IS good, and I enjoyed it overall.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00255 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra (Black Crystal Mix)"