Undertale- Spider dance (harp & violin remix)

Nom

20 hours ago, Just Coffee said:

I like the idea. But your main brass and strings are a bit too loud when they come on. Could maybe use some steady pads(or bass?) to fill in the chorus.

Hi just coffee,

Yes i agree with you. I realized that several days after upload. I'll fix that later

About the bass. Maybe i''ll try to experiment first and see if that work well

Thanks for your reply :)

Agreeing with Just Coffee on volume. I'd add that the snare drum sounds a bit stilted and the backup brass (?) starting at 0:16 could stand to use a better sample (or you could opt for a chiptune to tie into the source material - might be a nice contrast).

Just my two cents. Solid arrangement, though!

59 minutes ago, glasfen said:

Agreeing with Just Coffee on volume. I'd add that the snare drum sounds a bit stilted and the backup brass (?) starting at 0:16 could stand to use a better sample (or you could opt for a chiptune to tie into the source material - might be a nice contrast).

Just my two cents. Solid arrangement, though!

Hi, glasfen

yeah the volume was my bad 

About the drum, i don't know how to really fix that. Maybe i should change the sample or maybe just mastering the sound ?

About the chiptune, i would not use it cause i try to make the instrumental version of the song. Maybe i'll try to change the brass sample

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreaciate it :-D

11 hours ago, Nom said:

About the drum, i don't know how to really fix that. Maybe i should change the sample or maybe just mastering the sound ?

About the chiptune, i would not use it cause i try to make the instrumental version of the song. Maybe i'll try to change the brass sample

Yeah, mastering might do it. I listened to it again at a higher volume to see if it made a difference. Maybe the real issue is that the drum is so repetitive as to seem automatic, not organic... Perhaps a little variation in tone would help (if possible - I've heard of methods where you can randomize drum tone across a track).

Anyway, I'm no music expert, just calling it as I hear it, for what that's worth. Looking forward to any updates.

42 minutes ago, glasfen said:

Yeah, mastering might do it. I listened to it again at a higher volume to see if it made a difference. Maybe the real issue is that the drum is so repetitive as to seem automatic, not organic... Perhaps a little variation in tone would help (if possible - I've heard of methods where you can randomize drum tone across a track).

Anyway, I'm no music expert, just calling it as I hear it, for what that's worth. Looking forward to any updates.

Now you mention it. It never came in my mind before. I think i'm gonna have to learn how to humanize it. But maybe i'll upload the revision later at the same time with my other works that need some revision too

I'm still learning too and you're really helping me with this one. Thanks dude :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jnWake said:

This is a pretty cool style for the source material! Really gets you in a dancing mood.

I'll echo the volume complaints. Brass is too loud and completely drowns the drums.

I think adding some bass to the arrangement wouldn't hurt either.

Hi jnWake, 

Yeah the volume was my bad. I'm gonna fix that later.

Maybe adding some bass is a good idea cause my low sound is just coming from trombone.

Thank you for your suggestion . Really appreciate it :-D