OCR03341 - Final Fantasy V "BZKR"

Liontamer

Gods, this crushes. The mix starts off interesting just from the juxtaposition of the violin and the guitars, but man, get to 0:45 and they start working together, and it only gets better from there. The write up may say this is a simple rock arrangement, and parts of it are, but man, does that not do justice to the ridiculous transitions at 1:30 and 2:20, where the violin and guitars (respectively) take turns catapulting you into another section. This may not come across as I mean it, but there's plenty of mixes where I'm rocking and plenty where I'm enjoying, but rarely do I experience a mix where I'm rocking and enjoying, and man, the entire last 1/3 of the song is all that. Great build up, great execution, and a beautiful synthesis of two disparate elements into a collective remix that's better than both. Beautifully done. Consider the album downloaded.

I dunno, there's something here that just doesn't sit right with me, and I normally love violin/rock music.  I don't feel like they play well together here at all, but rather feels like the backing guitar and violin are just doing their own thing.  In contrast, the violin does a lovely job accompanying the lead guitar, but it's way too quiet--I didn't even hear it the first time.  I think if this had been sent back to just make that overdriven guitar less overpowering, this would be a vastly better song--I really enjoyed the parts where it wasn't there at all (e.g. 0:21-0:42).  I also felt like the violin was a little too squeaky in parts--that opening at 0:05 is really jarring.

Also, "Ahead on Our Way" needs to be credited as a source.

This totally standard rock music remix from oldcomer Sixto Sounds is pretty good. He's much more adventurous now (as evidenced by that opening song, which for some reason, wasn't posted in place of this one!) A little dated on the production, but nothing wrong with the song at all. Quite a rocking piece of notation for fans of distorted guitar music. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03341 - Final Fantasy V "BZKR"