OC ReMix presents Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors ~II. WATER~!

Liontamer

Cover

OC ReMix presents Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors ~II. WATER~!!

April 25, 2016

FAIRFAX, VA... OverClocked ReMix today released its 57th community arrangement album, Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors ~II. WATER~. The album consists of nine arrangements of composer Nobuo Uematsu's original score to the 1992 Super Nintendo game, Final Fantasy V, developed and published by Square. It is available for free download at http://ff5.ocremix.org, and is the second of a planned series of five albums honoring the game's soundtrack.

The long-awaited second volume of The Fabled Warriors, WATER finally arrives after OC ReMix's initial 2010 entry, WIND. WATER features eight artists employing mariachi, chiptune, rock, experimental, EDM, Middle Eastern, acoustic guitar, and Celtic elements into their musical tributes. The Fabled Warriors was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Square Enix; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"It's filled with awesome music from a really talented bunch of guys. I'm grateful that they've been so patient with me, and I'm happy that you're all going to finally hear their awesome arrangements," said Shariq "DarkeSword" Ansari, director and creator of the album series.

The first four albums will follow the four crystals in the game, with themes arranged for all of the corresponding jobs, and the last album will cover new jobs introduced in the 2006 Game Boy Advance release, as well as serve as an endcap to the project.

The artwork of The Fabled Warriors: Volume II, featuring Lenna as a representation of water, was designed by Maya "rnn" Petersen, who also created the art of For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man, OC ReMix's commercial album in partnership with Capcom. rnn also fashioned the artwork for OCR's Mario map theme EDM album Super Cartography Bros., and has been featured in UDON's series of video game tribute art books, including Mega Man Tribute.

"Now that WATER is finally out, we're going to move on to putting together Volume III: FIRE. I've got big plans, and while it would be irresponsible of me to promise a release date, I will say that after everything I've learned about running all these albums over the years, things are going to move along at a better pace," Ansari affirmed. "Keep an eye out, and in the meantime, enjoy The Fabled Warriors: Volume II: WATER."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###