OCR01518 - *YES* Final Fantasy 10 'How Much Longer'

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful arrangement. If only you could get your guitar sounding crisper. Right now it's very flat, needs to be far sharper in the higher frequencies to really accentuate those higher notes.

I think I hear you saying something at 2:13 in the background, careful not to speak when a mic is recording. Edit: Since been told it's not a voice, but a fret slip or something. Not that it really matters.

The production is the only thing stopping this from blowing me away. The arrangement is subtle, but I can hear both sources in there. Suteki Da Ne in particular is very subtle, but once you hum the theme along with the remix, it becomes apparent where the ideas have settled.

I'm going to borderline YES this. I think the sound could be far better, but for where it sits, the arrangement is good and it's a sad and relaxing remix to listen to.

Oh, my Lord... Who are you, and where did you learn to play so beautifully? I am stunned. The tone, the phrasing, the musicality... This performance is easily on par with the classical guitarists I've heard at Peabody. The section starting at 2:39 is so moving, I could cry.

This arrangement may be a little on the conservative side, but it's certainly no cover. You've clearly put in a great deal of personality and feeling into your performance, and it shows. I have not a single criticism. It's a gem.

YES, YES, YES!!!

P.S. I love the sound of your instrument. I know TO and Malcos pointed out that it could be sharper, but I personally wouldn't change a thing. I guess it's a matter of taste.

P.P.S. I hear what you're referring to at 2:13, Lee, but I think that's just buzz from the guitar, not his voice being picked up.

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 204 "On That Day, 5 Years Ago"

Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack - 321 "Suteki Da Ne" (see: 119 "The Sight of Spira")

Well, you made the female go YES, YES, YES!!! I dunno how the hell my vote is supposed to top that.

Indeed, the recording quality could be better, but this is certainly strong enough. Good intro from :00-:34 based off "On That Day...", which I could already see connecting very seamlessly to "Suteki Da Ne". For a solo guitar piece, the atmosphere was a little too empty for my personal taste, but I like how you really changed the tone of the original. Sounded like a flub at 2:02; pretty jarring to me. Slightly less jarring buzziness at 2:13. Minor stuff.

Things started dragging a bit on the arrangement, but you wisely varied things up at 2:39 & 2:50 by accelerating and decelerating the tempo. Last section at 3:00 probably could have used a more dynamically contrasting finish for something arguably more interesting, but particularly effective harmonizing of the two guitars for the close.

The resolution was admittedly a little ho-hum to me, but overall I can't hate on this "simplistic" but solid arrangement. It's not gonna punch you in the face, but clearly would rather intend to wisk you away to sleep. Decidedly understated. Nice debut, Mike. Keep 'em coming, bro.

YES