Legend of Mana - Wanderer's Path

jane

• 3 months later...

Really glad to see a Legend of Mana track on here. One of the most beautiful OSTs of all-time (IMO) and I'm happy to see someone try to tackle some of these awesome songs. Not sure why it took three months for me to notice this one, but here I am now. :)

This is ... loud. The guitar parts are very interesting (although I'm having a bit of trouble working out the source) and I like the original spin you put on these, but they sound muddled together, like they're crashing over each other to get to the spotlight, and it leaves the bass in the dust. This could really benefit from some good mixing. Maybe some stereo panning and more reverb for depth, and volume adjustments for the harmony/rhythm parts that don't need to be center stage. Also, I think the distortion on the guitar is a touch heavy on the rhythm parts; the low end sounds rather muddy to me.

I'd like to hear this again once it's been mixed a little better. I'm not sure I can hear everything being said in the piece the way it is now.

EDIT 8/26: I don't know whether you redid this between posts or I was just not paying enough attention, but I'm hearing different panning and reverb now. The intro sounds better than I remember it, and I'm hearing the individual guitar parts more clearly. Still think the middle has too much going on in the center for the feature metal parts, the low distortion is muddy, and EQ work still needs to be done overall, but this DOES sound better to me today.

I wonder what I'll hear tomorrow? LOL

Major props for giving Legend of Mana some spotlight. One of the best soundtrack from the PSX era  -- really in general. 

I wish I could give you some in-depth critique, but seeing as I'm a newbie I can only echo the sentiment of The Nikanoru and say that it sounds a bit muddies towards the middle of the song. Also wasn't a fan of the high-pitched sound coming in at 3:38-3:54. That's just me though.

Again, great job on this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/08/2016 at 8:56 AM, The Nikanoru said:

Really glad to see a Legend of Mana track on here. One of the most beautiful OSTs of all-time (IMO) and I'm happy to see someone try to tackle some of these awesome songs. Not sure why it took three months for me to notice this one, but here I am now. :)

This is ... loud. The guitar parts are very interesting (although I'm having a bit of trouble working out the source) and I like the original spin you put on these, but they sound muddled together, like they're crashing over each other to get to the spotlight, and it leaves the bass in the dust. This could really benefit from some good mixing. Maybe some stereo panning and more reverb for depth, and volume adjustments for the harmony/rhythm parts that don't need to be center stage. Also, I think the distortion on the guitar is a touch heavy on the rhythm parts; the low end sounds rather muddy to me.

I'd like to hear this again once it's been mixed a little better. I'm not sure I can hear everything being said in the piece the way it is now.

EDIT 8/26: I don't know whether you redid this between posts or I was just not paying enough attention, but I'm hearing different panning and reverb now. The intro sounds better than I remember it, and I'm hearing the individual guitar parts more clearly. Still think the middle has too much going on in the center for the feature metal parts, the low distortion is muddy, and EQ work still needs to be done overall, but this DOES sound better to me today.

I wonder what I'll hear tomorrow? LOL

Haha yeah, I'm a super big and obsessive revisionist. Thank you for noticing my musical OCD.

Awesome feedback. Thank you for listening (and you too, Starphoenix, good times).