NOTICE: Forums upgraded to IPS 4.1.X (report issues)

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, djpretzel said:

We just upgraded to 4.1.9 - please let us know if you experience any issues!

The calendar events seem to have dropped off the front page.  At least, the CCoI voting events did--not sure if that's because they've already started and are ongoing now, or because they're in the competitions calendar, or what.  But previously they showed during the event.

16 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

The calendar events seem to have dropped off the front page.  At least, the CCoI voting events did--not sure if that's because they've already started and are ongoing now, or because they're in the competitions calendar, or what.  But previously they showed during the event.

@MindWanderer I'm not sure if it's because they already started or not, BUT there's definitely a fix slated for 4.1.10 that seems relevant:

The "Upcoming Events" widget in Calendar may not show all events.

So it's possible this is a known bug that will be fixed in the next release.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2016 at 3:26 AM, Chernabogue said:

Got a 500 Error while posting a new topic in Help&Newbies.

@Chernabogue Do you remember what you were posting? There are generally two possibilities:

1. It was something specific to the content you were posting, which triggered a mod_security outside of IPS
  2. It was an environmental thing and/or a bug in the software

So far most of the 500 errors we've seen fall into the first category, but we've tweaked the rule that was causing most issues... if it happens again & you can get me a screenshot + time/date stamp, appreciated.

10 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

@Chernabogue Do you remember what you were posting? There are generally two possibilities:

1. It was something specific to the content you were posting, which triggered a mod_security outside of IPS
  2. It was an environmental thing and/or a bug in the software

So far most of the 500 errors we've seen fall into the first category, but we've tweaked the rule that was causing most issues... if it happens again & you can get me a screenshot + time/date stamp, appreciated.

Yes, it was a first version of my "Frequent BSOD/crashes" thread. Just plain text, no pics or links.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't entirely remember, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having "word-wrap: break-word" (or maybe "overflow-wrap: break-word", which is more recent) in the CSS. Might want to experiment with that. Perhaps switch between the two variations to see what happens.

And maybe try experimenting with "display: inline/inline-block/block/etc" for the container?

Oh man, I notice that stuff on my phone all the time, not so much on a computer. It drives me nuts, especially when it starts doing it to a post I'm trying to write on my phone and it starts dashing the heck out of it like that. :lol: You using an iPhone? I assumed it was either specifically a phone thing or the forum software for phones. 

I just checked on my laptop and it does not do that.. It wraps the text, but it doesn't do it with dashes, it just does it normally..  Even if I make the window smaller it just adjusts the frames in a smart way. I'm using Chrome / Win 8.1... Otherwise no idea why it's doing that, but it seems Ok for me with laptop resolution here. 

Well, it's doing it for me on Firefox 42.0, and I have some pretty large resolution... (1920 x 1080) So it's not a screen size or resolution issue. I'm pretty sure it involves the word-wrap (or word-break, or overflow-wrap) or display commands in the CSS, and maybe the width specs on the container, though I'm not entirely sure how. It's a bit hard to tell, because I haven't been able to replicate this.

• 2 weeks later...