Undertale-Bonetrousle

Nom

Hello there,

After dealing with this track for a while now, I think I know it intimately, and I think it has a lot of wiggle room with interpretation.  That being said, I wouldn't call your remix an "arrangement," but I think "cover" could describe how you treated it - no change in harmony or melody, but you did change the backing rhythm.

Things that bug me and how to fix them: the pizzicato strings have a delay on them which makes the midi sound..... inaccurate.....?  [0:38]
The scratches in the guitar should be stronger on the upstroke.  Another way to phrase it would be the syncopated offbeats.
The kick is on 1 & 3, which is "correct" but the scratch mutes in the guitar are not giving you the snare-y sound you want.  I only caught that in the second listen-through.  I originally thought you weren't even going for a 2 & 4 high tone.  Make the offbeats in the guitar more accented by powering up the treble some, and make the velocity higher.

Things I like:  The accordion sound, the artwork, how long you make me wait for the full drop [1:10] - thats real nice.  I also think that trill in the strings is cool as the full ensemble powers up to go into the A section again.

Thank you for the post - I had fun digging into your cover of this tune.

2 hours ago, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Hello there,

After dealing with this track for a while now, I think I know it intimately, and I think it has a lot of wiggle room with interpretation.  That being said, I wouldn't call your remix an "arrangement," but I think "cover" could describe how you treated it - no change in harmony or melody, but you did change the backing rhythm.

Things that bug me and how to fix them: the pizzicato strings have a delay on them which makes the midi sound..... inaccurate.....?  [0:38]
The scratches in the guitar should be stronger on the upstroke.  Another way to phrase it would be the syncopated offbeats.
The kick is on 1 & 3, which is "correct" but the scratch mutes in the guitar are not giving you the snare-y sound you want.  I only caught that in the second listen-through.  I originally thought you weren't even going for a 2 & 4 high tone.  Make the offbeats in the guitar more accented by powering up the treble some, and make the velocity higher.

Things I like:  The accordion sound, the artwork, how long you make me wait for the full drop [1:10] - thats real nice.  I also think that trill in the strings is cool as the full ensemble powers up to go into the A section again.

Thank you for the post - I had fun digging into your cover of this tune.

HI HankTheSpankTankJankerson (what a long name :p),

I think you're right about the cover part. cause most of the change of this song was coming from the instrument differences and i just adding some more harmony for this song

I didn't realize the delay with the strings. (i though it was ok) Any idea how to fix this ? 

wow you're really good with the guitar. I'm not quite familiar with the offbeat yet, so maybe it might makes me to do some trial and error

Thanks for your detailed advice. Really appreciate it :)