*NO* LED Storm 'Sted Lorm'

Chimpazilla

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/01/16 - LED Storm 'Sted Lorm'

It's awesome to hear another sub from Erik S, who I'm a fan of.

The intro is a spirited cover that's structurally close, but the different rhythm to the beats at :12 helps set it apart. By :57 with those beats coming back, I was already tired of them in the sense that they feel very auto-pilot-like; not varying them up enough has flattened out the dynamic curve of this piece a lot. Pretty flat ending at 2:36 as well.

This is an awesome source tune theme, and I love Tim Folllin's work, so I love that you arranged it, but beyond the new rhythm to the beats (which later became too repetitive), there's not much interpretation to the source tune beyond a richer sound palette.

I absolutely love your previous posted OC ReMix, Awesome "Game Over (Cheeze Mix)" -- it's legitmately in my personal top 5 OC ReMixes ever, so definitely don't take a NO vote as a sign of disrespect, but I think there needs to be more melodic interpretation, more drastic instrumental differences, and/or more dynamic contrast & variation in this arrangement. Right now, it's a fairly short, underdeveloped cover, and just based on your Awesome mix, I know you're capable of more creativity and development.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/01/16 - (1N) LED Storm 'Sted Lorm'

Can't help but echo Larry's crits here.  This plays it very close the writing and structure of the original track.  The sound palette is pretty cool for sure, but also pretty same-y to the original sounds.  Core beat definitely got very repetitive over time and lacked meaningful variation beyond the occasional fill or short change-ups.  It doesn't really help that the snare & kick tones were pretty basic as well.

This would need significant development on the arrangement side to personalize it more and set it apart from the original.  Fun listen, but not really right for OCR.

NO

• Nutritious changed the title to 2016/01/16 - (2N) LED Storm 'Sted Lorm'

Cool source! I have to agree with the other Js here, production is pretty good but arrangement and sound design is very very close to the source.  There is more variation to the beat in your remix, with little rolls and flairs here and there, but it stays pretty constant for the most part.  

I'm sure this would be great with more of your own ideas weaved in, as it is a very nice source already.  As it stands now, it needs to be taken further apart from the original so it stands out as a true remix.

NO (resubmit)

• Sir_NutS changed the title to *NO* LED Storm 'Sted Lorm'
  • Sir_NutS locked this topic