*NO* Pokémon Red Version 'Pokécenter Theme'

DragonAvenger

Hello OCRemix,

I have here my original recreation from Pokemon Red/Blue (Gameboy).
This is no edit. It is a total makeover. I re-created everything myself.

I am registered as Omega85 at OCRemix. My name is Tolga Yavuz.

My mp3 is saved as 192kbps and 16-bit, 44.1kHz stereo.  Just as you need it.

and I accept all of it. 
I want to say that there is no Remake of the "Pokemon Center Theme" at OCRemix yet. 
I hope I can be the first.

I hope you accept my remake at OCRemix.

Take Care

Tolga Yavuz AKA Omega85
----------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• Liontamer changed the title to 2015/12/22 - Pokémon Red Version 'Pokécenter Theme'

The mix is very muffled, almost sounds like recorded secondhand off a speaker.  The leads sound very thin and the absence of bass gives the song a lack of drive.  The drums are pretty repetitive, but the song itself is very repetitive as well.  There's some interpretation going around the main melody, with the chords in the background, but I feel like it's not enough for the 5 minute duration where the main melody repeats quite a few times.

There's a cute atmosphere, on the positive side, and there were a couple sections where you tried your hand at creating a variation off the main melody, but I'm afraid it's not enough for a pass.

NO

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/12/22 - (1N) Pokémon Red Version 'Pokécenter Theme'
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a good start to a remix but doesn't feel complete.  As Mike said, there is a total lack of bass.  The drum writing is very simple and repetitive other than the few end-of-phrase fills I hear.  The melody writing is simple and primarily source-verbatim, although there are timbre switchups which is a good idea.  Also I do hear some unique melody interpretations here and there, another good sign.  I suggest you take this track to our workshop for more production and arrangement advice, but you could start by experimenting with some bass writing to go with what's here.  Make sure the writing has some variation though, same for drums, and leads.  Finally, you'll want to look into some mastering, as your mp3 here is dealbreakingly quiet and seems 100% unmastered, never peaking above -10db.  Hit up our workshop for more help.  Everyone starts somewhere!

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/12/22 - (2N) Pokémon Red Version 'Pokécenter Theme'

Not much to add here, the track is definitely pretty quiet and the lack of bass makes the track feel pretty narrow in the soundscape. I appreciate the small alterations to the melody you have added to the track, it gives your mix done cute melody. The track goes on for a good while to the point of things becoming pretty repetitive. You can definitely shorten this and take out some of the extra fluff. 

There's a good start here, but a lot of work to go. Good luck!