Why is REAPER not in the DAW skills list?

LuketheXjesse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, I'm pretty new to this site, and I've just started working on my profile - But there was one thing that got me stuck - The Primary DAW of choice option.

My primary DAW for composition and arrangement alike is Mixcraft - now, don't get started, I know it's often referred to as GarageBand for Windows and the beginners' DAW, I know I'll never get too far in it and I'll eventually have to change ship and I know that I'm a 'OMG n00b u must die', but for now, I've gotten used and grown to it, and it's my favorite. (also my current computer can't run SONAR but that's another story) However, it shocked me when I found out that there wasn't an option for Mixcraft (and GarageBand, but considering that Mixcraft isn't in, the lack of GarageBand isn't too surprising.) Given, I do use FL Studio every now and then, (especially when I need/want a pitchbend of more than 2 semitones) but I just don't use it enough for it to be considered as my primary DAW.

I'm pretty sure some others have some other programs that they mainly use that aren't in the list, like Renoise, OpenMPT and GarageBand, so it'd be nice if the staff here were kind enough as to add in more programs or to add a custom option where we can type in our DAW's name!

Edited by CanofNothing

• 2 months later...
One thing I've thought it might help with was to find collab partners when you're using one of the rarer musical tools. Such as a tracker.

Not even that rare in the game community either, modplug and renoise at least should definitely on the list IMO

"Other(fill in):" option is a good idea, probably unreasonable to add all music software out there to the list

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, Slimy said:

I use Mixcraft as well, and I think a handful of people on these forums do as well. But it is indeed a far less known and less professionally-regarded DAW than any of the others you saw on the list.

I still think it should be added to the list. I've heard rather professional-sounding stuff that was made with Mixcraft. EDM364 (on both YouTube and Newgrounds) is one person who really knows how to use it well. He/she makes trap instrumentals that sound professionally made.

52 minutes ago, JK FlipFlop said:

I still think it should be added to the list. I've heard rather professional-sounding stuff that was made with Mixcraft. EDM364 (on both YouTube and Newgrounds) is one person who really knows how to use it well. He/she makes trap instrumentals that sound professionally made.

Well, isn't collaboration the purpose of that list? Meaning that the number of people who use a DAW is more important than what you can make with it. (Although I don't know for sure that the amount of people that use Mixcraft on these forums isn't comparable to the number of people that use some of the lesser known DAWs already on the list.)