An Enjoyable Face Remodelling (SSF2 Cammy Theme Remix)

shaboogen

Hey All,

I submitted a remix of this tune previously but was knocked back and asked to resubmit. My original had a lot of problems so I decided to essentially rebuild it.

Before I resubmit, I'd love to get some feedback to see if people think this will pass judgement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogu0kc29bvxe3k0/shaboogen - An Enjoyable Face Remodelling (SSF2 Cammy Remix) (resub 192kbps).mp3?dl=0

Would appreciate any and all advice or opinions on this.

Thanks

Well, I did give it a listen, so here are some thoughts on it.

It's a pretty fun arrangement. I enjoy the instrumentation on this - the wubs, the slab bass, the pads and especially the lead work. The drums are meaty enough to act as a solid grounding for this track, too, so it has that going for it. The leads are mixed a bit quiet throughout, though - they get a little bit lost behind the rest of the track. They get pulled even farther behind the track purposefully at 2:49, which works, but they never really seem to come back to the front (even at 3:49, where it makes sense that they would).

The vocal clips are a little loud in comparison to the music prior and after. It sticks out a little, but I don't think it sounds particularly poor.

I think it'll do alright, on the panel. Sorry I didn't respond sooner - work, and all :P

3 hours ago, Gario said:

Well, I did give it a listen, so here are some thoughts on it.

It's a pretty fun arrangement. I enjoy the instrumentation on this - the wubs, the slab bass, the pads and especially the lead work. The drums are meaty enough to act as a solid grounding for this track, too, so it has that going for it. The leads are mixed a bit quiet throughout, though - they get a little bit lost behind the rest of the track. They get pulled even farther behind the track purposefully at 2:49, which works, but they never really seem to come back to the front (even at 3:49, where it makes sense that they would).

The vocal clips are a little loud in comparison to the music prior and after. It sticks out a little, but I don't think it sounds particularly poor.

I think it'll do alright, on the panel. Sorry I didn't respond sooner - work, and all :P

Mate, no need to apologise, nothing wrong with living your priorities.

Thanks very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I was purposefully a little conservative volume wise with the lead as some of the feedback I got originally was that it came across a little shrill, but what you're saying makes sense and it can be corrected very easily. The vocal clips were a very last minute addition in order to shore up the intro and the ending and I probably didn't give them the TLC I should have, once again very easy to fix.

The things that you're talking about are essentially just down to either adjusting some automation or literally moving a fader, will take me a few minutes to fix when I get home tonight and then I can update the Dropbox link for it easily enough (as I've done once already).

Once again, thanks a lot. Take it easy.

Marc