Undertale: Death by Glamour - "Glitterbomb" (Synth Rock / Disco / Flaming Saxophones!)

Hey. LBC here with some more Undermemes, hot off the press.

I think this was some of the most fun we've had recording! This arrangement is particularly wild and definitely ran the risk of getting way out of control, but I think we managed to hold it together.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Stay saxy my friends!

Source

Edited by LongBoxofChocolate
i can't decide on a title

I love this. Was the sax harmonizing with a synth at one point? Because that was awesome. Can't say I have many complaints. Sax felt a bit quiet at first, but I'm pretty sure that's just how my monitors act at low volumes. Not a huge deal anyways, it didn't sound overwhelmed. Excellent work!

Hey, Nathan, thanks for the love!

19 minutes ago, Nathan Allen Pinard said:

Be a real sax player and be you know...loud.

^OH BELIEVE ME.  I was playing loud, but there are more moving parts in this than a BMW door handle.  The saxes don't have much melodic importance until the halftime drop.  We mixed them back some to get some "proper" balance of melody vs accompaniment vs rhythm.

19 minutes ago, Nathan Allen Pinard said:

Why the chorus/double tracking on the solo? Go RAW (with a bit of verb)

^I wanted it to sound MEAN, and to me, Phat Verb isn't the way to get mean.  It'll lend some perceived volume, for sure, but I thought it needed teeth.

I hope some of that made sense.

Edited by HankTheSpankTankJankerson
Incomplete thoughts

6 hours ago, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Hey, Nathan, thanks for the love!

^OH BELIEVE ME.  I was playing loud, but there are more moving parts in this than a BMW door handle.  The saxes don't have much melodic importance until the halftime drop.  We mixed them back some to get some "proper" balance of melody vs accompaniment vs rhythm.

^I wanted it to sound MEAN, and to me, Phat Verb isn't the way to get mean.  It'll lend some perceived volume, for sure, but I thought it needed teeth.

I hope some of that made sense.

It did. Sanborn has done the same thing after all, as well as the sax recordings in some of the Sim City 4 tracks.