OCR03375 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonik Cosmotronik"

Liontamer

Was the original track in a major key? If so, then changing to C minor definitely adds a dark and dramatic flair to what was originally a simple, groovetastic, paradise-y song. Loved Sir Nuts's vocoder on his SF2 Zangief mix and here it's even better. Synth leads are very busy so it takes a few listens to get used to just like some of Willrock's stuff but I like it in the end. Nice original take on Green Hill sir.

Nuts.

Totally unique. Totally original. Thought you couldn't get this level of interpretation without totally abandoning the source material. I was wrong!! I'm not well-versed in this style, but damn, you really capture the ear with this one! Am I the only one that thinks this would have been right at home in the 90's Sonic cartoon? Either way, I think Sonic would be proud about this birthday present.

• 1 month later...

i have known nuts a loooong time, and he over and over again he amazes me with the way he writes his music. to write this song in this key and have it sound so good is just kinda funny i suppose. I usually hear WIPs of his tracks, but this one i didnt even know he was writing until i saw it on the front page. Nuts always out-does  anything he has previously done. i am not sure how he keep on going, but im sure glad that he does.

awesome job as always :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03375 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonik Cosmotronik"