*NO* Guilty Gear Isuka 'Drunkard Does Make Wise ReMix'

djpretzel

Note: mix title is a play on source so I GUESS it would fly. Production seems solid, arrangement might be too conservative? -djp

Eternal Legend
Michael T. Healy

Guilty Gear Isuka
Drunkard Does Make Wise ReMix
Drunkard Does Make Wise Remarks
England Stage Theme Music

I have been covering Video Game/Anime/random songs under the Eternal Legend moniker for a few years now. It's a fun process taking songs that I love, rearranging the parts, reworking the drums/guitar/bass/keyboards/effects, and intensifying them to my style. ProgPower Metal!

I like to keep them as true as possible meaning no tangents where you may not even remember what you were listening to, due to a long solo or something that completely disrupts the flow of the song.

That doesn't mean that I don't throw an Easter Egg in into a song here and there to catch people off guard. I'll also add some guitar fills, rearrange/improvise a solo, and so forth.
I like to keep the song progressing.

Eternal Legend is taken from a Ninja Gaiden Mission Phase. 

Please let me know if there's anything wrong with this submission.

Hope you guys enjoy this even if not accepted.

Thanks

Haa, that title made me laugh a bit. I think it's a perfect title, myself. :P

Damn, you've got some great chops on you. The guitar performances are on point, and the overall tone sounds perfect. You certainly give the source a great remake, with what you have going here. The drums are a little bit quiet (they could be mixed closer to the front), but they sound great, too. They're just too quiet, is all.

While you have a personal ethic to stick as closely to the source as possible, OCR is a site that encourages some reinterpretation of the material that is being arranged. We appreciate covers and fully respect the work that you do, but it's not the type of arrangement that this site is looking for.

You stated that your goal was to make something that the panel enjoyed, and at least on my account you succeeded - it was awesome. It's just not what the site is looking for. If you ever decide to do something more interpretive, though, do send it this way, as you've got the chops to get something on here, if you ever wanted to.

NO

• 3 months later...

Nice source choice, and some great guitar playing. It may have been the drums but some of the guitar parts felt like they ran ahead of the rest of the mix at times causing a sensation of lost timing. The drums were also a bit soft and regulated to the back a bit too much. The synth that drops at 2:20 wasn't really audible and kind of lost in the mix, not because of bad EQ, it was simply too low in volume to be heard.

As Gario has mentioned, your mix is much too conservative for OCR, with no real original interpretation added in to personalise the mix. There needs to be some re-arrangement for a track to be passable. Above problems aside, as the arrangement currently stands, this is a

NO

Pretty much co-signing with the comments above.  Cool cover, but not interpretive enough for what OCR is aiming for.  I'll add :30 (and 1:15 later) sounded like the tempo got lost and felt messy.  May want to metronome for parts when the beat drops out to make sure you stay on beat.

Great guitar chops on display and well produced fo sho.  Would love to hear more from you.

NO

• Nutritious changed the title to *NO* Guilty Gear Isuka 'Drunkard Does Make Wise ReMix'
  • Nutritious locked this topic