Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Another Word Awaits

OCR1059 "Belmont Mix" not on the site?

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded the site's library via torrent and have been listening to the ReMixes one by one (makes for good study music while I prepare for the bar exam). I noticed that OCR1059, "Belmont Mix" by JD Harding from Super Castlevania IV doesn't have a page on the site. When I click "Next" from OCR1058, it takes me straight to 1060. Is the page for the ReMix missing somewhere?

I tried visiting the page for the mix directly but was greeted with a 404 error and a suggestion to visit djpretzel's artist profile and stare at his picture, maligning his ineptitude as a webmaster that has caused me to endure this entire experience.

I don't see it credited on JD Harding's profile. It's also missing from OCR's Youtube, so I suspect this is intentional and it was removed for some reason. He does have one mix on Soundcloud simply titled "Super Castlevania IV : Bloody Tears [Orchestra Cover]", but I doubt that's the one.

EDIT: Looking into it farther, it would appear JD Harding and some others disagreed with how the site was being run and requested many or all of their mixes be removed. This would probably explain any missing remixes. I assume the torrent hasn't been purged of any such mixes and merely been updated with new mixes.

We forgot to locate the original writeups for that one; it's likely it's out into the ether and djp will add some new comments. But we'll get that up there. Good catch. That drama was squashed sucha long time ago. :-)