OCR03396 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Underground Pipe Society"

Liontamer

Oh, is this one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite albums posted on this site so far? I think it is.

By the way, Cartography Bros. is one of my favorite albums posted on this site. Just sayin'.

Liberal issues aside (it's got the spirit of the source, but Larry does have a point), this track just nails it. Incredibly well produced, the liberties really build off of the limited source that was there. There's not much to say - it's a great track.

Go listen to it, then listen to that album. You'll not be disappointed.

Liontamer, you are truly the Lawful Neutral of the OCR Alignment Grid and Champion of the Upper 50% of source usage, to whom I tip my bandana. So the album SCB for me, was divided up between the OSTs I knew very well and the ones I didn't know, with this track square between the two groups. It felt vaguely familiar ( not just because I struggled to get to level 7 when I would play SMB3), but on my 7th listen or so, I heard how it was present, and how it could have gotten repetitive quickly, but it didn't and more so how each section added a something different, while retaining elements of the original SMB3 track. Its always interesting to see which tracks make their way down the pipeline to the Front-page when an OCR album is released and I have been waiting to see this one pop up. Top Shelf DDRKirby(ISQ) Top Shelf indeed.

• 4 weeks later...