What game world would you most want to visit?

Thomas Neil

5 hours ago, The Damned said:

Another bad one would be anything with "shock" in it's title. Underwater cities filled with murderous citizens, sky cities with racist nationalists (who are also murderous), some damn computer system in space (again, murderous)... the whole "something shock" thing is not people-friendly.

I think not wanting to live in what many people consider to be horror games falls under the "no shit" category.

You would think so, but we're living in a world where one of the most popular TV shows in recent history is about people fucking everything up during a zombie apocalypse. Not to mention all those games where you have to kill or be killed survival games like Rust. Human beings fucking loooooove horror settings. Some are even willing to pay money for the closest thing they can get to  living out the real thing. Check out any of the zombie run companies. They hire dozens of people to be zombies, and then you get to run around pretending it's the real thing.

Also, this is a fantasy topic, so "no shit" doesn't apply. :<

14 minutes ago, The Damned said:

They hire dozens of people to be zombies, and then you get to run around pretending it's the real thing.

Key word: pretend. Just like I go on Pirates of the Caribbean to be in a town taken over by drunk pirates. I don't really want to be in a town taken over by drunk pirates.

9 minutes ago, The Damned said:

Seriously? Bacon bread? Is it, like, in the bread, or layered on top of it? Is it baked with the bacon or is the bacon applied afterwards?

DETAILS, DAMN IT, DETAILS!!

"Soft dough mixed with thick-sliced bacon and twisted into a pattern resembling a sheaf of wheat."

That's the in-game description.

On 8/1/2016 at 5:21 PM, DarkeSword said:

Every recent Mario Kart game has instilled desperate desire in me to visit the Mushroom Kingdom. Some of those city/beach locations seem fantastic.

Seconded.  Especially as beautiful as they looked in Mario Kart 8.

But for me: my first thought was Super Mario Galaxy.  Yes it's filled with perils, but getting to play around with gravity like that?  Want.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to visit Nosgoth from the Soul Reaver side of the Legacy of Kain series. Sure, there are lots of bloodthirsty mutant immortal vampires running around everywhere and the only other humans are weak, cowardly, and not very social, but it would be pretty cool to walk through those ruins of old castles and temples and just take in the history a bit.

Also, the world of Lunar. Wouldn't it be cool to watch the Earth rise?

Overwatch. Where it's possible to obtain technological super powers and become a funny and charming god of war.

Isle Delfino from Mario Sunshine for that s u c c u l e n t s e a f o o d. @DarkeSword talked about Mario Kart beach locations, they're (at least, the more recent generation of games) are often based on Isle Delfino's aesthetic.

Also, the world of Assassin's Creed, just to soak in the alternate world history where every major world event had something to do with the hidden (and for a good portion, religious) conflict between assassins and templars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2016 at 3:41 PM, DrumUltimA said:

Hmm... I guess it would be a toss-up between Undertale and Okami.  Undertale because I just want to be able to marry a monster without being judged.  OKAY?!

Okami because it's beautiful and everything there is beautiful and I just want to be surrounded by beautiful things

I'd go with Okami or Dragon Quest 8. Maybe it's just the cel shading they use but dang them worlds is pretty.

Lunar. Definitely Lunar for me. not for any exciting reasons but it would be cool to live on the moon and see the earth rise every day. and they have some great adventure worthy terrain there I hear. Maybe I could be the next Dragon Master! now that would be cool! And even as an NPC it seems like it wouldn't be to bad a place to be.

And as a side note they have some beautiful music :-D

There's plenty of other games I think it would be cool to visit but Lunar is Top of the list for me.