Chaos In Alexandria WIP

John Revoredo

Please, i'd like to know what you think about the remix, and what do you think i should do to make the judges don't reject it.

Here you can download the latest version of the remix.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=0FMMN044

And here, you can read the judgement:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=92290

Thanks

ok, the harpischord could be used in the section at 1:50 maybe...I am not sure. The only thing about the harpischord is that it's an instrument that cannot be played very loud at all. So realism vs Creativity, which one do you want to go for. But it does sound nice, and I like it.

Getting off of that I totally agree with TO's 2nd paragraph. Honestly I think this could have been easily accepted 2 years ago.

I think alot of the strings need to be thickened. Also, you could add some brass or some woodwinds with the violin, to give the lead sound some variation. For the lead for the slower section at 1:51, you should prob use just brass and woodwinds for the lead. And then at 2:18 come back in with the lead violin accompanied by the brass and woodwinds you were using for the lead in the section that started at 1:51.

Wow that was a lot, I think if you take the ideas from the 3rd paragraph it will def up the feel of this mix.

In terms of getting a more quality sound, James Geogre's thread has a link to a word file on EQ'ing that Pseudodragon posted. Pseudodragon might be a good person to ask for some specific advice on EQ'ing for orchestral. Dat Dragon can really get some lush sounds.

If not I can use my VSL samples from Kontakt 2. If you can get me a midi file of this song, and tell me what parts you want me to use my samples on I'll do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything sounds way too far back in the mix. You need to take the main elements and reduce the reverb on them so they stand out more.

The soundfield is pretty well filled, but everything being pushed back so far makes it sound crappy. I'm not sure if you even need to EQ much here, except maybe to add a bit of bass.

I think the intro needs to be more gradual, even a chord with a crecendo would be better than the current beginning. It's just too sudden.

The mix overall is a little short. Maybe add a short solo section, or a strings-only ending.

You have a harpsichord, and it sounds pretty authentic, but you need to throw some trills in there. I guarantee it'll be 10000x more awesome.