Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow Original Music

Chernabogue

Sounds like a cool project. In the first two tracks I thought the piano was pretty loud. On laptop speakers I thought I even heard the piano's reverb separately, as if the reverb itself was too loud. The piano (lead) could also use more humanization, each note was being hammered down which doesn't leave a lot of room for expression and takes away the power the loudest notes in the lead could have. Sanguine Moonblossom has a cool atmosphere, and the harpsichord in the bed of strings & choir worked for me (I don't think I've heard something exactly like that before).  A Soldier With A Grudge had a super cool groove as well, I really liked the brass melody jumping around, "jumpy" intervals don't often work so well in melodies but I think these were good, especially since the riff beneath it has an usually large interval. Or something, like I knew what I was talking about with theory and stuff, but in any case, it was really cool. I also liked that the arrangement and mix was relatively sparse, everything had a good place and nice room to operate.

YESSSSS! - SO glad to hear someone is pursuing the storyline of Demon Castle War, regardless of what final form it takes. I sure hope some rogue developer tried to build something with it ...

I really like how there are hints of previous themes mixed in with original compositions. I especially like the feel behind Sanguine Moonblossom; like a long pensive look at Alucard, bringing past to present.

'Ecclesiae Strigam' is a really interesting name. 'Call of the Ecclesia' or 'Holy Shout' or something like that? Foreshadowing of some sort, no doubt...

I will be keeping an eye on this. Great work so far!