Question regarding "Song Suites"

Negative 5cott

Hi there! My name is Scott, and i am a aspiring song writer who is using Video Game OST covers to gain mixing experience. In the past, i have done covers for a few games and honestly didn't even know this site existed until a few weeks ago. Lol.

Anyways, How i am looking to do my future OST covers is by arranging "Song Suites" inspired by the Ace Attorney live orchestra albums where you play a 5-10 minute song that have multiple songs involved that represent a game/series, and was wondering if there was any kind of rules against this for the site? I think i saw somewhere that there was some kind of space limit you need to be under, but was not sure.

There are a few games that me and my drummer want to do, and we plan to keep them a secret until we get each song out of the way, but i WILL say i am in shock over the lack of "Rival Schools" covers that exist on the internet to celebrate the rumors of a new RS's game. ;) Hope to bring you guys nothing but my/our best in the next few weeks! 

4 hours ago, Slimy said:

Last time I tried submitting something like that the judges didn't like the transitions or the contrasting slower sections and it got rejected. But remixes covering multiple sources aren't actually banned or anything, just make sure it's not something that would sound better as multiple songs, I guess.

Basically, it should sound like one cohesive song if you aren't familiar with the sources, rather than multiple songs pasted together.

IMO, key things to focus on include (but are not limited to) good transitions, smart source overlapping (for "bonus points"), that the arrangement doesn't meander (since it's a long piece), and that the sources aren't just inserted for the sake of insertion, but that they make sense that way. And besides that, the usual expectation of solid production and creative+valid arrangement.

Thank you everybody for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Glad to know i'm not exactly breaking any rules with what i am looking to accomplish. Thank you guys for the tips and advice! This project is going to be quite the hurdle to jump, but i am confident that whatever i come up with will be somewhat enjoyable. :) Take care, guys! Wish me luck.